Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HCL No Remote Access anymore

jayray33

Question

Hi,

since yesterday I have no remote access to my HCL box anymore. Locally everything works and I have a home.fibaro.com account (where the settings icon is aslo greyed out). I set a static IP and 8.8.8.8 as DNS in the HCL.

Two days ago it worked fine but now not anymore. I have the latest Fibaro HCL firmware and my location is Germany.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Ben

• Answers 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Found it the guilty of the fault.....

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

its really sad how bad fibaro and their support is.

yesterday both smartthings and fibaro lost their remote access. about 15 minutes after this happened smartthings said on twitter that they have a problem and that we could look at status.smartthings.com to get updates on their progress fixing the error. it was resolved a coulpe of hours later. perfect.

fibaro said nothing when this happened. nothing on twitter or on this forum. now soon 24 hours laiter still no info. several users have reported the error both in email to support at on this forum. people call support and they dont know that it is a problem...just now have fibaro answered us that they are working on it.

fibaro is sooo bad that its just sad.

its really sad how bad fibaro and their support is.

yesterday both smartthings and fibaro lost their remote access. about 15 minutes after this happened smartthings said on twitter that they have a problem and that we could look at status.smartthings.com to get updates on their progress fixing the error. it was resolved a coulpe of hours later. perfect.

fibaro said nothing when this happened. nothing on twitter or on this forum. now soon 24 hours laiter still no info. several users have reported the error both in email to support at on this forum. people call support and they dont know that it is a problem...just now have fibaro answered us that they are working on it.

fibaro is sooo bad that its just sad.

I was just about to suggest that Fibaro might use social media for something other than telling the masses how good they are. Every other company advertises there outages, its nothing to be ashamed of, it happens, but what is shameful is trying to hide it. Not every fibaro user uses this forum, nor should they have to for system status. That is what twitter is all about, the perfect platform for system status messages.

Hi, it seems that Fibaro fixed the problem.

Does ist work for all of you again ?

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Same thing here (Belgium): stopped working yesterday in the afternoon. I opened a ticket right away. It is not working at this time.

May sound selfish but I am reassured not being alone in this situation...

I am new to this thing so please forgive me for the silly question. Even though the HCL is not accessible, are the scenes running ?

I'm sorry but this is completely taking the piss. This was left over the weekend with remote access down and no notification to users that its broken. Seriously Fibaro, get your act together.

Service was up and running this morning but I got no update to my ticket.

This is a problem because if I had not joined the forum I would not know that this was a general issue, not just me...

The reason I need a home automation system is that I am away more than 50% of my time. Being away with no access to the system without even knowing what happens will unfortunately not work for me... This is too bad because I only installed Fibaro components and they seemed to work fine after a month of experience. I believe that communication is key.

Aslong the home.fibaro.com is located in Poland I will not use this services.

When it's available..it takes just to long before the screens are build.

Beste is to use a VPN server on your own network.

More and more routers has this function built in.

There are even options to auto setup a VPN connection when the Fibaro app is started.

Please login or register to see this link.

Other option is to use portforwarding this is not secure but will also work.

You need to forward port 80 to your HCL/HC2

• Inquirer
  • They should really move the service to Amazon servers or similar! Please Fibaro don't mess with your reputation because of saving cost.. this will limit your potential and also growth. Switch to proper server now!

On monday they told me that the problem is resolved and I should reboot my HCL.

For me the remote access works again.

Hi there. Looks the problem with remote access to HCL is general. In the last few days there was probably Fibaro server down. But I have a continuous issue with remote access to HCL. Some days it works whole day but mostly not. Access is not possible at different times of the day. Sometimes is morning, other time is evening or during a day. It comes back but generally access is not stable. Do you have the same?

I Italy same issues

Looks the problem with remote access to HCL is general. In the last few days there was probably Fibaro server down. But I have a continuous issue with remote access to HCL. Some days it works whole day but mostly not. Access is not possible at different times of the day. Sometimes is morning, other time is evening or during a day. It comes back but generally access is not stable