Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

LG TV Plugin

Guest conor

Question

Guest conor

Has anyone had success getting this to work?

I'm having no luck.

HC2 and (webOS) LG TV are on the same network.

The TV is on but when I click search the devivce list is empty.

I added the TV IP  manually and clicked request authorization key but nothing happens.

I receive the authorisation key to pair my phone and I can ping the TV via the PC connected to the HC2.

Possibly an issue with the Plugin???

Is there someway I can ping from the HC2?

Any suggestions appreciated.

My HC2 finds LG TV, but does nothing when i try to find "authorization code". I found somewhere that code should display on TV when i click "request auth. code" buton. 

I think it doesn't work on WebOS devices.

Anyone had any luck with LG WebOS based TV?

Hi all

I downloaded the phone app then requested the key from the phone app. i then input my ip address and the key showed on screen and saved the device and it paired.

Guest AxelS
  • Inquirer
  • Hi Guys, 

where in the settings can I see the key after requesting it? There is no reaction. Also in the iOS App is no way to see the key?

Any ideas?

Hi Guys, 

where in the settings can I see the key after requesting it? There is no reaction. Also in the iOS App is no way to see the key?

Any ideas?

I will appear in the lower right on the Tv (if you have the same model as me)

LCK. Thanks. Authorisation code shows on TV when asked from tablet app, but when i use it in HC2 plugin it's not pairing.

What model of LG TV do you have? Is it with WebOS?

Guest AxelS
  • Inquirer
  • Hi, 

sorry for come back late. Yes a WebOS one. Doesn't seem to work with the newer ones. 

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_confused.gif" alt=":-?" />

no working at my lg

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

i Special buyed an lg for the plugin and no grundig but it doesnt work, can anybody help me??

It works flawless on my old smart tv, ( LG 55LM649T )

works on , webinterface / iphone 6 / ipad mini gen 3 /

My steps :

1.)ON THE WEB - I added the plug in in the webinterface.

2.)ON THE WEB - then I adden my tv clicked on " Advanced " , gave it a name and room.

3.)ON THE WEB -  put in the tvs IP adress , clicked the button "request authorization key" ( ofcourse the tv already was added to my network, and the tv was ON )

4.) ON THE TV - then a small popup screen shows the "authorization key" , then I put it in on the webinterface, thats it.

The features works like the tv remote, pretty much as the iphone app except its withouth the mouse pointer.

Is it a way to turn the tv on from this plugin ? It works perfect to change channels and so on, and turn of the tv, but if the tv is of I cant turn it on ...

I want to wake the tv up, any sugestions ?

Ok thanks SirMaggot, eller tack HerrMask

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Isnt their a WOL function or somthing I can use ...

Ok thanks SirMaggot, eller tack HerrMask

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Isnt their a WOL function or somthing I can use ...

This Tv doen't support function WOL.

When the TV is OFF, network adapter is also OFF.

I have the same problem with Samsung Smart Tv.

Hello to everyone!

Hello Fibaro!

I have smart TV LG 40UH630V, with WebOS (v3.O) / 2016.

I try to connect my HCL to my TV with LG TV Plugin. My TV is registred in the same network with HCL, with alocated ip, in the same ip range.

I try to use the same steps posted like suwarto:

----------------------------------------

"

1.)ON THE WEB - I added the plug in in the webinterface.

2.)ON THE WEB - then I adden my tv clicked on " Advanced " , gave it a name and room.

3.)ON THE WEB -  put in the tvs IP adress , clicked the button "request authorization key" ( ofcourse the tv already was added to my network, and the tv was ON )

4.) ON THE TV - then a small popup screen shows the "authorization key" , then I put it in on the webinterface, thats it.

"

----------------------------------------

It's impossible to find my tv in device list, to obtain authorization code!

I see the last post was from 1 year ago (Kms157 / december 2015).

The only one plugin for LG TV is version 1.0. No change, no update, no improvments.

No Fibaro administrator replay, no feedback, no help, no solutions...

HELLO FIBARO, ARE YOU SLEEPING!?!?

What is the solution? Only change my TV or HCL!?

Please help.

Thanks!

Edited by rss

After some time struggling with plugins that are not working I decided to solve problem once and for ever by buying Global Cache iTach IP2IR. It can control any device with IR control. Learning remote codes is easy, making VD in HC even easier. Now even if I replace TV with another one I will not loose possibility to control it from Fibaro. Not to mention that I can also control our IPTV set-top box which is from some unknown manufacturer custom made for my internet provider.

Thank you very much Sankotronic for reply!
    Answer from Fibaro it maybe possible to come after one year, and new version of plugin for LG Tv after another two, when i change my tv... maybe Fibaro support is on battery, and now wating for wake up...

Seriously speak, i know about iTach IP2IR, i heard is very good control, but very expensive, i thinking too, for this solution or another more cheap (Remotec IR converter), the problem is to spend another money, when i buy for this reason a smart TV 2016 generation and is connected already to the same network...

Another reason is because i have 2 Lg TV in the same room and no conflict remote, because i use 2 magic remote, 1 paring with each tv. I dont know if works with  iTach IP2IR or Remotec IR without conflict.

Thank you for your support!

The iTach IP2IR that I own has 3 outputs and in package included 3 IR emitters plus one IR blaster. Maybe that's the reason for higher price because for other models you need to order separately IR transmitters. Since they have 3.5 mm phone jack, cable can be easily extended with cheap cable so for TV's you can use 2 IR emitters placed in front of each TV. That way they will not interfere and one IR blaster for other devices. I read somewhere here on forum that cable can be extended for IR transmitter without problems.

Since codes can be sent to iTach as strings it is usable also on HC Lite.

As for plugins, it seems to me that Fibaro completely put them aside for the present moment and that is really sad. :-(

Thank you again! Sincerily i hope a miracle plugin update (without another money, without wires - this is important for me).

Really sad is because Fibaro seems to set aside a lot of important things for loyal customers: time zone NTP Server (10 minutes delay...), important plugins without upgrade, imposible to set dedicated notification for Fibaro app on smartphone (another than default), no more hardware upgrade for HCL (gsm module and battery backup, this things is only on the presentation page, from years ago...).

It's no fair, to not have a feedback for a lot of cumstomers with an important brand on TV market, like LG. I dont spend 3000 eur just for turn on my home lights from my smart phone but it is impossible to command my smart TV (like turn off or turn on...)

With all due respect!

Edited by rss