Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

LG TV Plugin

Guest conor

Question

Guest conor

Has anyone had success getting this to work?

I'm having no luck.

HC2 and (webOS) LG TV are on the same network.

The TV is on but when I click search the devivce list is empty.

I added the TV IP  manually and clicked request authorization key but nothing happens.

I receive the authorisation key to pair my phone and I can ping the TV via the PC connected to the HC2.

Possibly an issue with the Plugin???

Is there someway I can ping from the HC2?

Any suggestions appreciated.

The fact that they can not keep up with the changes of other brand is not the real issue, the main issue is that they not opening the plugin systeem because of security reasons.

Security by obscurity is no security.

Many big company's think they can get away with this, but again again it has been proven that eventually if your obscurity breaks your whole system will malfunction, because you need to patch an X number of problems in your security at once.

So dear FIBARO, if you want your problems solved, make your plugin systeem open source, and patch what ever you need to patch to tighten the security and let the community do your work for you.

Just an advice. :-/

Edited by parsaria

No answer from Fibaro, no communication, no advice, no help, no update, Lg Tv Plugin still version 1.0.

I hope to have a minimum update for this plugin even next year - 2017.

PS: remember, this topic was started in 2015, first post - 07.02.2015.............

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by rss

3 years now and no update. Utterly disgraceful.

Plugin development still locked - a travesty.

Fibaro, get your *abuse* together.  I am using (i) a GlobalCache remote ($100), (ii) a habridge "helper" so Alexa can work ($199), LIFX bulb add-in ($15) etc. etc. etc.  I still can't get my Daikin A/C integrated, even though a working plugin has been published on another site for the last 2 years.  Open the plugins to the power of open source and harness the energy of your frustrated user base.

All the above is free if you go with a competitor I shall not name, whose product costs a fraction of yours.   I did not realise the true cost of ownership when I bought my HC2...

1 hour ago, codowd said:

3 years now and no update. Utterly disgraceful.

Plugin development still locked - a travesty.

Fibaro, get your *abuse* together.  I am using (i) a GlobalCache remote ($100), (ii) a habridge "helper" so Alexa can work ($199), LIFX bulb add-in ($15) etc. etc. etc.  I still can't get my Daikin A/C integrated, even though a working plugin has been published on another site for the last 2 years.  Open the plugins to the power of open source and harness the energy of your frustrated user base.

All the above is free if you go with a competitor I shall not name, whose product costs a fraction of yours.   I did not realise the true cost of ownership when I bought my HC2...

Oh dear! I am new to this forum as I recently purchased my Fibaro HC2 and I am finding most plugins I am trying do not work and missing some popular products from their pitiful list of available and downloadable plugins. I have two WebOS LG TVs and a Samsung TV, both plugins do not work.

Maybe in 2020... some changes, maybe too late....

See my posts with another suggestions...

years after years, no update for this plugin... and others....

Any update?
I have the same problem with OLED55B7V and HC2. Tv is not in searching list, when i write IP manually end request for code nothing happend.

Hi,

I have started configuring my first HC2 and setting up devices.

I also stuck with authorisation key for my LG TV (WebOS 1). Device was discovered, but request for authorisation key did not trigger the TV.

But I did simple trick which resolved the issue:

1. Discover the device so IP will show in the plugin

2. Save the configuration (click the save icon on the right)

3. Request authorisation key

4. Key appears on the TV and can be entered into plugin

5. Save configuration and enjoy controlling your TV

It worked for my older LG TV so it can help some people. Maybe entering IP manually for newer devices will resolve the issue?

PS. Turning on the LG TV does not work, as it looks that it does not support wake on lan, so TV needs to be turned on manually or from some kind of remote, like Logitech

Hi all!

It is 2020 already... and the LG Plugin still not working. The Home Center Lite dont even find it in the network.. i tried everithing i found on forums and youtube.. Enyone have any news on this plugin? I am so so sorry i choose Fibaro as a hub.. The memory stays at 98%..i sent it to Polland and they sent it right back without any repair.. they said is working fine.. But on every session on remote..browsing between different tabs it gets blocked and i have to manualy reboot it..

HC2 and LG OLED65B7 - the same problem, plugin dont even see a tv
Manual paste - dont work.