Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Foscam is not supported anymore in V4 and it's my fault !

Tcheri

Question

Here is the answer I've got today from support for a problem logged the 21/1.

For information, Foscam cameras are not working in IE or Chrome in 4.x and it does not seems that Fibaro wants to solve something.

Do I have to make a choice between having plugins or cameras ?

"I am on my ass" as we say in french

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

End by the way, we have hard time also

Dear Sir,

First off all I apologize for such late answer from our side.
We have a really hard time in this moment.

As I see in your attachment your cameras work properly only on when you use Safari browser.
On Chrome and IE the image from your cameras is not display when you use directly access. (Connection in the same network when is your HC2).

Some browser as IE causes issues with service our interface. Sometimes clean the case memory solved issue but sometimes not.
Unfortunately some cameras work properly on one browser some on different.

You also described, that all your cameras work correctly on version 3.600 HC2 software. Update to version 4.X is your own decision, it is not required from us.
If you are dissatisfied version with 4.X you can come back to version 3.600 by recovery. Of course if you want.

Best regards

5 answers to this question

Here is the answer I've got today from support for a problem logged the 21/1.

For information, Foscam cameras are not working in IE or Chrome in 4.x and it does not seems that Fibaro wants to solve something.

Do I have to make a choice between having plugins or cameras ?

"I am on my ass" as we say in french

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

End by the way, we have hard time also

Dear Sir,

First off all I apologize for such late answer from our side.

We have a really hard time in this moment.

As I see in your attachment your cameras work properly only on when you use Safari browser.

On Chrome and IE the image from your cameras is not display when you use directly access. (Connection in the same network when is your HC2).

Some browser as IE causes issues with service our interface. Sometimes clean the case memory solved issue but sometimes not.

Unfortunately some cameras work properly on one browser some on different.

You also described, that all your cameras work correctly on version 3.600 HC2 software. Update to version 4.X is your own decision, it is not required from us.

If you are dissatisfied version with 4.X you can come back to version 3.600 by recovery. Of course if you want.

Best regards

Foscam cameras work fine in in Chrome or IE in version 4.xx....just use the generic camera plugin not the Foscam plugin.

• Inquirer
  • How much cameras you have ? In version 4.030, plugin was consuming all bandwidth and with 5 - 6 cameras, browser was freezed. Bug on Bugzillia was not solved, so I didin't try since

And if it's the solution, I should expect support to answer that, and not tell that I made a mistake to upgrade

You need to set rate to limit bandwidth.

Foscam:

videostream.cgi?user=xxxxn&pwd=xxxx0&resolution=32&rate=13

And The important is That Cameras Works from app in Phone according to me, or tablet apps. You dont walk around with your laptop right..

I dont use plugins for my cameras..

• Inquirer
  • You need to set rate to limit bandwidth.

Foscam:

videostream.cgi?user=xxxxn&pwd=xxxx0&resolution=32&rate=13

And The important is That Cameras Works from app in Phone according to me, or tablet apps. You dont walk around with your laptop right..

I dont use plugins for my cameras..

Yes, it's the settings I use also. I use home.fibaro.com to access my remote locations from where I am.

• Inquirer
  • I've re-tested all possibilities :

- plug-in Foscam generic or IP Generic : same stuff : after 6-7 cameras, browser start to be overloaded and freeze. Even reducing rate and resoltion resolution=8&rate=17, browser completely bloqued at 12 cameras. On Safari, at 4 cameras are sufficient to freeze completely. More over, on ipad app, I was unable to move cameras with directions "stick", when it was working in the plugin. Conclusion : nor Foscam nor Generic IP camera plugin can be installed if you have more than 5 cameras, even with low-res and low-refresh. Since early beta, no change there.

- Traditional camera device is still the best solution : no image and preview in IE/Chrome, but working on Safari and ipad/iphone app.