Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How do you use your hue?

mickeys

Question

I am wondering how you use your Philips hue. Let's say you have 4 spots (g10). How is this setup? You have a main switch wich can turn them on and off but the you have the hue switch that can do the same thing?

Also do you have a z-wave module behind the ordinary switch as well?

4 answers to this question

the nice thing about Hue is that it doesn't matter how you control them. I have 3 hue bulbs in the living room which are controlled bij my AV-app Roomieremote (all 3 on/off), or I can have them auto-on/off by the Hue app (has to migrate to HC2), or I can individual control them via HC2. On HC2 I control them via a virtual device. There's light switch in the living room for the Hue's any more. 

cheers

emiel

• Inquirer
  • So you have removed the "main" switch you have? Because I conneted my new 4 (gu10) lamps yesterday to try them. I also bought the hue switch. So right now with my "main" switch I can turn on and off my lights like I can with all other lamps. Then I got my hue switch that can do the samething and change colors. The thing is if I use the main switch and turn them off they have no Power so then I cant Control them with my hue switch. This is why I wonder how the rest of you use it.

Maybe I just should use the hue switch and then in my main switch connect a dimmer module so I can use 1,2,3 press for scenes isntead? That means I need to disconnect it from the hue lamps.

de basics behind controlling Hue is to have them powered at all times. So don't switch them of with a normal power switch, they can't be controlled when switched off. Either use the Philips Hue switch (not the best design they made....) or one of the many apps or HC2, are all of the above

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

cheers

emiel

is it possible to control 1 or 2 hue bulbs through a scene? I'd like to control automatically, but I do not find the way to do it. I've have the VD configure and working well. Tks!