Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Motion sensor

KristianO

Question

Still having Light measurement problem with my Fibaro Motion sensor despite parameter 40 is set to 20.

Eg. turning the light on in the room, nothing changes. From completely dark to "normal" light and its not changing the LUX value. How to use this?

13 answers to this question

If you force it to update, by triple clicking, what are the "dark" and the "light" levels reported when switching on the light? That is, while holding the device in the exact same spot as where you'd mount it.

• Inquirer
  • Dark 0 Lux

Light 25 Lux

So i guess it should report?

In other places, since i have this issue with all (4 pcs) of my sensors the difference is bigger.

Thank you for your feedback. Let me chew on this a bit. I asked for the numbers, to find out if I can replicate your problem. I need to do some testing...

since the last 2 versions of HC2 I also experience motion problems. Motion itself is running fine. But Lux is terrible. after a few days it seems to be working better on Lux. Also changing parameters, even with waking up, is terrible.

of course already ex- and included them several times

cheers

emiel

I've done some testing but it is inconclusive. What I can say is that it often, but not always correctly reports when delta = parameter 40. Second, I'm under the impression that parameter 40 isn't always saved correctly to the device, I think it sometimes stays at the previous one. I may be wrong, I really need to do more testing.

• Inquirer
  • I agree! I tried to change my motion sensor parameter 40 to value 5. Tried like 10 times, then I gave up! And yes the blue light very shown when trying to update the sensor 1 meter from the controller.

Guest MrDTS

When will this be fixed, I use it to control a lamp but it does not show the correct value for the moment ?

it can display 50 lux, but it is totally dark!

MrDTS

Guest berga_s

same problem to me too.

NO refresh of the lux... during the dark night or sunny day.

+1

+1

Refresh sometimes stops after few hours with no motion at all. If there is motion from time to time Lux refresh works usually fine.