Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Zwave.me Keyfob

Momos

Question

Hi,

I have a zwave.me keyfob  KFOBSC.

I included it in the network and set parameters like this:

- parameters 1 and 2 to 0 - so independent button presses

- parameters 11 and 12 on 1 - so on/off/dim functions for the  remote 1 and 2 buttons

- parameters 13 and 14 on 4 - so send scenes function fot the remote buttons 3 and 4

What i want to achieve is the following : control 2 actuators (fibaro relays) with buttons 1 and 2, and 2 scenes from HC2 (lights on and lights off) with buttons 3 and 4

I went into the associations groups and set the relays in group 1 and 2. Saved, Woke up the remote, checked- the relays show up in the association groups 1 and 2. So at this stage I should be able to use buttons 1 and 2 on the remote to control those relays.

But pressing those buttons doesn't do anything - just a fast red blinking light on the remote.

Can you please tell me what am i doing wrong?

Also, how to set some scenes i have in HC2 to trigger when i press buttons 3 or 4 ?

Regards

14 answers to this question

You can try this one:

Please login or register to see this link.

or here:

• Inquirer
  • Thank you but those do not help. My remote is already included and all parameters set as above.

Also for scene activation i made the lua script that is supposed to give me the sceneactivation id, but whenever i run it i always get this result, no matter if i push a button on the remote or not.

Please login or register to see this image.

If you have KFOB-C (Z-Wave Plus) unit so probably you can try "combinations" of this User Manual:

and this Fibaro HC2 Install guide:

I hope it will give you some idea...

• Inquirer
  • No i have the regular KFOB2_SC-EU. 

OK.

Anyway, I think you can not use KFOB2 both for "directly associations" and as en Scene Controller:

"The Z-Wave.Me Key Fob is a Z-Wave device that can both control other Z-Wave devices and activate predefined scenes in an IP gateway. Although it is controlling other devices the KFOB can’t act as Z-Wave network controller (primary or secondary) and will always need a Z-Wave network controller to be included into a Z-Wave network. The KFOB can be used in five different modes that are picked by configuration commands:

1. Direct Control of associated Devices with single Buttons association group 1 is controlled by button 1, group 2 by button 2 etc., Single Click = On, Double Click = Off, Hold = Dim up, Click and Hold = Dim down
    2. Direct Control of associated Devices with two Buttons, association group 1 is controlled by the two buttons #1 and #3, association group 2 is controlled by the two buttons #2 and #4. Click of the larger button = On, Click of the smaller button = off, hold the larger buttons = Dim up, Hold the smaller button = Dim down
    3. Scene Activation in IP Gateway Clicking a button activates a corresponding scene in a IP gateway if the IP gateway is configured accordingly.
    4. Direct Activation of preconfigured Scenes Associated devices in an association are controlled by individual commands defines by Z-Wave command class. This function enhances mode 1.
    5. Direct Control of Devices in proximity pushing button 1 or 2 turns on a device in short distance (50...100 cm) from the fob, button 3 or 4 turns of a device in proximity."

• Inquirer
  • please tell me you have a remote like this not just pasting stuff from google

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I already gave my buttons config in the first post. Those are parameters 11 through 14.

I have this device and I cannot get it to work. I can include it, but that's it. Searched the internet but cannot find a solution.

I have ordered a Aeon Labs KeyFob and that one is working OK with scene activation.

• Inquirer
  • at first i would be happy if i could make it turn on/off a relay..

Guest jmcloo

I have the same problem. The device (KFOB2) is included in HC2. Only the device has only a master device, no slave device.

I can set the parameters which are configured to the device when I wake it up.

When I read the 'sceneActivation' property of the device in a LUA scene it always returns '0'. No matter which button on the remote I push.

solved my issue, which looked similar.

SceneActivation works fine after configuring Group Association through button "Setting Association" under advanced parameters of the device.

Hi there

I've got a KFOB (device label says ZME_KFOB, manual says ZME_KFOB_S version 1.0, box says ZME_KFOB2) and simply can't get it to work.

- I tried to include it for 3 whole evenings now (more than a hundred tries), but keep getting

[00:23:55] Home Center in learning mode
    [00:23:57] Device added
    [00:24:00] Learning mode error. Try again.
    [00:24:00] Adding devices complete

- actually managed to include it once, but even if it was possible to wake it up, I couldn't set the parameters

- after excluding it again, no more success to include it

Please help, I even went into recovery and reverted back to 4.056, still no success.

What can I do, as I need this to work?

Thanks a lot 

Just to report my experience, I've bought the ZM keyfob at first, and as you i was just able to include it in the network, but not able to use it for scene activation.

After some days of tries and re-tries, i returned it, and bought the aeon lab keyfob. That one worked at first shot.

Just to report my experience, I've bought the ZM keyfob at first, and as you i was just able to include it in the network, but not able to use it for scene activation.

After some days of tries and re-tries, i returned it, and bought the aeon lab keyfob. That one worked at first shot.

Thank you, I will try that as well...