Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Speed of operation

bill

Question

Greetings, first post, I am a relative newcomer to all this.

I purchased a Fibaro 2x1.5kw relay switch and a couple of standalone on/off plugs.  

I am using a Vera Edge and I have it setup so that when one of the lights controlled by the Fibaro relay turns on it switches on one of the standalone plugs (and relay off, wall plug off).

The issue I have is that is the relay is switched by software, e.g. the app it switches the wall plug on immediately as expected.  If the wall switch connected to the relay is used then it can take upto about 30 seconds before the wall plug action occurs.

1. Presumably this setup is possible to replicate in HC2?

2. Would a similar delay occur if the physical switch operated (this isn't a delay on the connected light but rather a delay on an associated light via a Scene in Vera).

It's very early days for Vera & myself, but I'm far from blown away thus far.  On the mobile app it cant take 15 seconds plus once the app has loaded before you can control anything.  How does the fibaro HC2 app equate speedwise?

Thanks

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

1 answer to this question

While there are many people who have far greater knowledge of the system and z-wave in general then me, i can answer from a "normal" user point of view.

I have several similar setups on my system. This can be accomplished in 2 ways:

- have a scene control the wall plug with the relay as trigger device

- have the relay control the wall plug directly through associations groups.

Both ways the response in very fast.

One thing i would first of all try is move both wall plug and relay close to the vera to be sure that they are in a mesh network.  Devices far away can have that sort of delay.

In regards with the mobile app, the fibaro one is very good as long as it works... which is kinda hit and miss lately.  When it works it takes 10-20 sec to load then you can do anything pretty fast.

When it doesn't work i use the normal web interface through port forwarding.

Regards