Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Popup notifications

HomeSystem.sk

Hi people around Fibaro,

I got a question from one customer about popup notifications. I realised that this is nice thing to use for some of us, but there is no info about this function on the forum and nowhere else (except for developers page). 

So I created a blog post about this usefull thing. It is in Slovak language, but not hard to understand, as the LUA script is easy.

Please login or register to see this link.

In a shortcut - this notification run when the wall plug 27 is turned on. 

The options are for Yes - turn it off and No - leave it like that.

There is one thing I added to the script. Normally, this notification will only pop up when you have the aplication running. If you have it hiden or closed, it wont do anything untill you open the app again. So I added the line to send notification nr 4 to device nr 9. This will send the normal, push notification. After you click on it, it will open the app with the actual notification.

fibaro:call(9, "sendDefinedPushNotification", "4")

You can add 3 buttons but the button can only start another scene, not a device! So you need to create new scene (or use the old one) and add the ID of this scene to the button.

Hope this helped at least a bit. As I said the script is quite easy. It was only hard to get the info about it, so for future referencies

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

very nice, only one question 

when the script starts

i get the message just like you but nothing happens whit my scene

if i try to say this 

{ caption = 'Ja',  fibaro:call(519, "turnOff") },

it immediately turn of i cannot choose Yes or No

can you help

That is because you are actually executing this instruction. Buttons only accept scenes id, which OP mentioned:

[...]

You can add 3 buttons but the button can only start another scene, not a device! So you need to create new scene (or use the old one) and add the ID of this scene to the button.

Thanks for sharing the script homesytem!

Did a little test and it works on my Nexus 5 with android. Now i now the principle and go on with it.

• Topic Author
  • very nice, only one question 

when the script starts

i get the message just like you but nothing happens whit my scene

if i try to say this 

{ caption = 'Ja',  fibaro:call(519, "turnOff") },

it immediately turn of i cannot choose Yes or No

can you help

as nowacki mentioned, you can not trigger device, only scene. So do not change it for fibaro:call instead only create the scene the button should run. It works actually very good. 

Kage, D-Vine, you welcome, glad to help. 

I got today idea from customer for this notification (as the ideas are sometimes the hardest things right:) ). He used it for - it is too hot outside, would you like to close the blinds.