Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Help needed with Cooper 5-button scene controller

WhiteBeard

Question

Hi All,

I'm new to Fibaro, trying to get 

Please login or register to see this link.

to work with HC2. The device is added and shows up as Remote Controller.  However, I'm unable to create a scene as the sceneActivation attribute is not available for the device.  I'm pretty much at a loss here and Fibaro tech support is MIA.

Can anyone offer any tips?

WB.

7 answers to this question

Hi

I have the same controller... with the 4.100 update it's supported...

did you manage to properly configure it? 

I'm lost with making it work 

I haven't been able to make it work... i did added to HC2 but can't make it work through scene nor association 

am in the same place. i just read in the installation manual and i found that we need a RFTDCSG or RFHDCSG for configure it:

"

The Wallmount 5-Scene Controller (RFWDC) is an ASPIRE RFTM controller that provides the User the ability to launch preset scenes with the touch of a single button. It includes five buttons that can activate five individual scenes, as well as a 6th button that serves as an “ALL OFF” feature.
A Cooper Wiring Devices’ ASPIRE RF Tabletop Controller (RFTDCSG) or Handheld Controller (RFHDCSG) is required to create and transfer scenes into the RFWDC.

The RFWDC can be placed at entranceways, or in a convenient location where control of multiple scenes is desired. Scenes are groups of preconfigured settings for individual devices (switches, receptacles, dimmers, etc. )."

Source: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Hi 

what i understand by its manual is that you can install it without those controllers adding it to a wave network... that is mentioned in this 2 paragraphs

but i can get it to work nor understand the part that saids "select the replicate function on the non-cooper controller"

this product works with other Z-Wave products from different vendors and product categories as part of the same network.

• To replicate to this product from non-Cooper controllers, select the Replicate Send function on the non-Cooper controller (refer to their manual) and press the ALL OFF (Inclusion) button on the RFWDC. When the replication process is complete, the blinking LEDs on the RFWDC will turn off. 

Hello.

(I also posted this same note on another thread initiated by jm3dina).

I am also trying to make one of those RFWC5 work with my HC2. I am running firmware version 4.102, which supposedly supports the Aspire 5-button keypad.

I was able to join that device to my Z-Wave network, and it is now visible on my HC2 system. Pretty much the same way as the screenshots shared by jm3dina on his other thread.

I associated different devices to each button, but as jm3dina said, none of the buttons from 1 through 5 work,  HOWEVER, I found something very interesting: the "All OFF button" actually does work!  I just have to press and hold it for a couple of seconds until all LEDs blink, and I can see how all the devices that I previously associated with buttons 1-5 will turn off at once.

I know it sounds strange... I don't understand how the ALL OFF button works, but not the others, but I wanted to share my experience in case it sheds some light on what the problem could be. It is obvious to me that the HC2 is indeed somehow programming the RFWC5, although not correctly.