Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

My experience from installing a new HCL

dgcon

Question

After having installed and used the HC2 at my office whith no problems at all, I decided to install a HCL  Ver. 1071 beta for a customer with 3 1X2,5kW relays, 3 UBS and one RGBW. Well I have been doing it for the past 3 days!! The problems keep comming one after the other. Countless reboots, countless recovery's and three or four factory resets!

The problems:

The inclusion/exclusion window wouldn't open for some reason (I am waiting fibaro's answer on that) so I was unable to include devices I had to restart and perform recovery to get it working and even this didn't work sometimes, I had to do a restore to previous backup to get it working again.

I was including a switch and after the inclusion it was shown as motion sensor(!), I was including the RGBW and it was shown as dimmer, nightmare! I hade to exclude and include again. After 4-5 times it was correct. The HCL from the modules was about 12-15 meters away with one brick wall and a wooden cabinet obstructing zwave, but I had to use two(!) AEON repeaters to get the modules "seen" by the HCL.

The pages were taking ages to refresh and the unit got stuck several times and I had to reboot it.

I changed parameters in the module and after save the parameters were not changed , I had to do it 2-3 times to see them changed.

In all, what was going to be a max. day's work turned out to be three days and still have not finished yet..

I do not know if anyone else had similar problems but I belive that Fibaro should make improvents on the little controller to keep up its sales.

2 answers to this question

I'm running in the same problems you describe here. I haven't managed to connect a device.

How did you fix that?

I'm running Software Version: 4.080

To include modules it is best if they are not more than few meters away from HCL or HC2. I know that that is not easy if dimmer or relay is to be included but what I did I made cable with plug and connect it to nearby socket, include to system and then install on place.