Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HCL and heating panel: unstable, unreliable, FRUSTRATING

thomas_DE

Question

Hi there,

I have the HCL for 1,5 years now. It is a simple setup with 17 Dafoss thermostats just for heating a business building of a small company. I configured several room sections with a heating plan.

I have the following problems:

- the thermostats are not always acting according to the heating plan; it seems (from event panel) that some of some are not getting the commands at the configured times;

- frequently some of the thermostats are loosing contact to the HCL, although the distances are fairly small (mostly less than 10 meters); also a wall plug (distance from HCL is 7 meters; the contact geta also frequently lost) as repeater is placed;

I had these heating panel problems several times in the last months. It even happend that the complete house was not heated according to the heating panel. It even havn't helped to reboot. Also to set manually temperatures not always worked.

The HCL was running on 4.054. Last weekend I upgraded to 4.080. Since then it is even worse.....

With employees working in the house and have to freeze it is a complete unsatisfying solution.

All in all the HCL seems not stable and reliable to me. Since 2 weeks the support is not answering to my case.

Do you encounter same problems? Do you have some tricks to get it working?

Do you know a reliable Z-Wave system from another supplier?

Best wishes

Thomas

1 answer to this question