Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Vision ZS5101EU-5 - Glass Shock

Doyanole

Question

Hey

is there anyone who has a such a Module ?

Is it working for you guys ? How can i test it if it works.

Thanks in advance

10 answers to this question

Hi, this is shock sensor, so you need to punch it

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It is not a glass break sensor as stated in heading.

Lauri

• Inquirer
  • but it's stated on the internet (on a few sides in germany) that it's also a glass shock sensor .

Please login or register to see this link.

That's the way I use it as well. I put it on the glass of a big, rather heavy, sliding glass door.

I changed the sensitivity to the maximum and this way it's working well. If you close the door too hard, I can see the sensor is activated.

If I knock hard on the glass, the sensor is activated.

• Inquirer
  • @wpeeters

are you using anything else ? 

if i use just the Sensor , and i shake it , i don't get a message , even if i set it to alarm 

if i use just the Sensor , and i shake it , i don't get a message , even if i set it to alarm 

check our video

there is lua scene (link below video), you will find all you need inside.

EDIT: or simply dw this here:

@wpeeters

are you using anything else ? 

Anything else to activate the sensor you mean? No, I just arm the sensor with scene's.Once it's armed and If I knock on the glass it's fired and the alarmpanel is triggered.

Remember, for the glassbreak, I think you need to set the sensor to the most sensitive setting on the device itself. But for a trial, shaking or roughly touch with a finger should be enough.

In my HCL, the device has missing parameters but it is working with default parameters.

You can find my whole high level configuration explained in the below post:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • @tinman

i did buy the Vision from your store !!! I sent already 2 emails as well and i didn't get a reply from you.

I also added the script as you stated , but once the script is triggered and the alarm is on , i see the message in the window, but the alarm doesn't go off !

Am i missing something here ? 

@tinman

i did buy the Vision from your store !!! I sent already 2 emails as well and i didn't get a reply from you.

I also added the script as you stated , but once the script is triggered and the alarm is on , i see the message in the window, but the alarm doesn't go off !

Am i missing something here ? 

sorry, but i was on Cebit with Fibaro, with no time left for other things.

Actually there is Fibaro template for ZS5101, since 4.071 i think, but for different (Vision) firmware version. The ZS5101 we sell, it does not work with "setArmed" properly. It does have different IDs so the current template is not applied (our is: id-0109-2003-0306-0F-04-Vision Security-ZS5101 and Fibaro knows 462-0109-2009-0903-01-41-Vision Security-ZS5101). This is why i worte the script provided above. Anyway, when using Alarm Panel, one can add custom scenes, so all you have to do is to call such scene (change xx with scene ID) from my script e.g. for vibration alarm

fibaro:debug("Glasbruch Alarm ausgelöst")

fibaro:startScene(xx)

or for tamper alarm

fibaro:debug("Tamper Alarm ausgelöst")

fibaro:startScene(xx)

Of course when working like that, one need a scene to arm and disarm any other sensors and to enable then my script (e.g. by setting an globalvariable and checking within my script for that variable). When disarming alarm, such variable have to be changed as well, and sirens powered off, etc., but this is how good alarm implementation is setup anyway.

• Inquirer
  • aaah ok ....next time , put an out of office

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" /> I was already wondering why you didn't reply

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Ok , changed it , now it's working , thanks 

could one of you share the script the link doesn't work thanks