Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RGBW Strips

andyp

Question

Any recommendations of what RGBW strip to use with the system - in the middle of a major building project and electrician has asked for recommendations as he implements my fibaro system. 

6 answers to this question

IF you need rgb get some quality ones.

But if it is livingroom, I would sugest dropping the color ones and go for dual white ones, warm and neutral ones.

I'm doing the same thing, and the quality of the white colors are far better on the dedicated white/warmwhite than the single white on rgbw.

Here is mine:

Please login or register to see this link.

I HATE to try to post images here....

Why? It is actually quite easy to post pictures on this forum. When you want to add attachments or pictures then just press "More Reply Options" button in bottom right corner that is next to the "Post" button

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Easy when you know how to

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />, tnx....

Please login or register to see this attachment.

IF you need rgb get some quality ones.

But if it is livingroom, I would sugest dropping the color ones and go for dual white ones, warm and neutral ones.

I'm doing the same thing, and the quality of the white colors are far better on the dedicated white/warmwhite than the single white on rgbw.

Here is mine:

Interesting that you suggest buying quality strips. I bought the cheapest I could find as well as a  more expensive strip as well as a very expensive strip and the cheapest ended up being the best. What did you notice was the difference between cheap  vs quality?

The strips I ended up with were from 

. They cost around £20 for 5 metres (white or rgb - same price). 

Tips for installation

- make sure they are pressed down hard on install and that the surface area is super clean

- you may want to use super glue if you are not going to be able to access the strips once installed. The last thing you want is them peeling away

- best to test them for a while before closing the unit up (if you can't readily access them) 

- If there is any chance you are going to see the LEDs (nearly all of my strips are visible), then I would suggest buying a strip with the led's a close to each other as possible.

I will end up with 8 -10 stips in  the same room, the problem I face with cheap strips is color difference, hard to colormatch when on same controller.

I will end up with 8 -10 stips in  the same room, the problem I face with cheap strips is color difference, hard to colormatch when on same controller.

Interesting you say that. With the strips I bought colour matching is perfect. I have 2 strips connected in 2 different places and you can't see any colour difference. I suppose some cheap strips really are cheap and nasty.