Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Philio doorsensor timeout

Wiers

Question

Hi,

I have 3 Philio doorsensors which where working oke. (PST02-1C)

The only problem was the there was no template which keeps giving me a notification in HC2.

After updating my HC2 to the latest software version there seems to be support for my doorsensors.

Carefully I updated 1 sensor and as you can guess it gave me problems.

When I open the door it shows the door open but after about 34 seconds it closes while the door is still open.

-Is there a parameter that I have to change? (I tried allI could see but nothing works)

-Can I go back to the old template? (the other 2 sensor are working still fine on the non supported templates)

rgrds

Eric

7 answers to this question

On 1.10.2016 at 5:24 PM, Wiers said:

Hi,

I have 3 Philio doorsensors which where working oke. (PST02-1C)

The only problem was the there was no template which keeps giving me a notification in HC2.

After updating my HC2 to the latest software version there seems to be support for my doorsensors.

Carefully I updated 1 sensor and as you can guess it gave me problems.

When I open the door it shows the door open but after about 34 seconds it closes while the door is still open.

-Is there a parameter that I have to change? (I tried allI could see but nothing works)

-Can I go back to the old template? (the other 2 sensor are working still fine on the non supported templates)

rgrds

Eric

Hello,

Can you compare the templates you have? What are their numbers? How do they differ?

Do the devices with old template work properly? Only the one with new template causes issues?

Also, what do you mean that you "carefully updated 1 sensor"? What and where did you click?

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

There was no template for the sensor, that is why I got the notifications for.

With carefully, I mean that it was working OK and you never know if an update makes it better.

But because of the annoying notification message I gave it a try.

The old one with no template works right, if de door is open it shows open until it is closed.

The updated one has template nr: 756 and shows open when the door opens but shows closed after 34 seconds even when the door is still open.

There are also more options to chose from in the template as if it is a motion sensor.(it is not, it is a door/window sensor)

rgdrds

Eric

Please login or register to see this attachment.

On 12.10.2016 at 5:51 AM, Wiers said:

Hi,

There was no template for the sensor, that is why I got the notifications for.

With carefully, I mean that it was working OK and you never know if an update makes it better.

But because of the annoying notification message I gave it a try.

The old one with no template works right, if de door is open it shows open until it is closed.

The updated one has template nr: 756 and shows open when the door opens but shows closed after 34 seconds even when the door is still open.

There are also more options to chose from in the template as if it is a motion sensor.(it is not, it is a door/window sensor)

rgdrds

Eric

Hello,

Did you try any reconfiguration? Or re-inclusion?

• Inquirer
  • Yes, I tried both options.

the problem I think is that with the new template it sees the sensor as a motion detector instead of a contact sensor.

On the picture you can see that the first is OK as a door contact sensor and the second one is with the new template and does not show a door contact..

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2016_10/5802364ea4bce_Schermafdruk2016-10-1515_55_29.png.8428b02137c93e38bb67c9252e45a254.png" alt="Schermafdruk 2016-10-15 15.55.29.png" />

On 15.10.2016 at 4:01 PM, Wiers said:

Yes, I tried both options.

the problem I think is that with the new template it sees the sensor as a motion detector instead of a contact sensor.

On the picture you can see that the first is OK as a door contact sensor and the second one is with the new template and does not show a door contact..

Please login or register to see this link.

Hello,

This seems very odd, but I can't help the feeling that there is something wrong with the device itself. You mentioned that you have 3 exact same models of the device (PST02-1C) which do not support PIR. Then why it is shown as a PIR?

Did you try to reset the device? Maybe this will help.

Also, I noticed that the "Apparaat Type" differs in both devices. Try changing that.

• Inquirer
  • Good catch.

I must have forgotten to select that after a lot of including and excluding.

After selecting it as a doorsensor and after a soft configuration it shows right in the picture as a doorsensor.

The behavior however did not change. When I open the door it shows open but after 34 seconds it shows if the door is closed again even if the door is still open.

Dnia 21.10.2016 o 12:33, Wiers napisał:

Good catch.

I must have forgotten to select that after a lot of including and excluding.

After selecting it as a doorsensor and after a soft configuration it shows right in the picture as a doorsensor.

The behavior however did not change. When I open the door it shows open but after 34 seconds it shows if the door is closed again even if the door is still open.

Hello,

I am happy that we managed to solve partially the issue you are struggling with.

However, the second part - the reporting - is in my opinion caused by the device itself. Our gateway receives a frame from the device and it depicts it in UI. So, the device has to generate and send such a frame that gateway shows the status change in UI. I think that the fact that two other devices work fine supports my conclusion. Maybe full reconfiguration will help?