Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

where do i send missing templates??

systemfel

Question

23 hours ago, systemfel said:

Haj  wher du i send missing templets  ???

Hello,

Please, send the template at [email protected]

Add a description of the device and/or link to the exact product.

On 03/10/2016 at 5:12 PM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

Please, send the template at [email protected]

Add a description of the device and/or link to the exact product.

I've sent several templates to that e-mail address over the years. I never hear anything back (except the automated response), and there never appear any templates in the HC2 software (and I've tried removing and adding the devices again). Is there anything I can do (add more information, links, etc) to assist the developers at Fibaro to incorporate the templates into the software? I'd be happy to gather information about the product and build an XML file or similar if that would help?

Hello,

There have been changes in assigning templates to our engineers. We hope that these changes will improve and speed up adding templates. Note that templates are added with new software update.

We apologize that it did not work well in the past, but we can assure you that we are working on adding templates right now :)

Resent some templates so will hope they get added. Got a reply about my Yale lock though to suggest it should still work - which it does... BUT why can't we remove notification for devices where template not there but function is ok? 

And - lock support seems poor with fibaro - i.e. can't change pin codes through HC2 etc - assume this is a template issue?

There are millions of Danfoss LC13 connected to HC2 and Fibaro don't have similar devices. NO TEMPLATE since years.

Thats only a fake feature.

On 24/10/2016 at 10:29 AM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

There have been changes in assigning templates to our engineers. We hope that these changes will improve and speed up adding templates. Note that templates are added with new software update.

We apologize that it did not work well in the past, but we can assure you that we are working on adding templates right now :)

Great news! Looking forward to (hopefully) see support for some of my devices without templates! :)

On 24/10/2016 at 9:27 AM, northyorks said:

Resent some templates so will hope they get added. Got a reply about my Yale lock though to suggest it should still work - which it does... BUT why can't we remove notification for devices where template not there but function is ok? 

And - lock support seems poor with fibaro - i.e. can't change pin codes through HC2 etc - assume this is a template issue?

+1 for the minimal lock support. Would be useful to have the ability to easily change pin codes (there is a workaround but it isnt pretty) and be able to trigger scenes based on the pin code that was entered. Vera has integrated all of this very nicely, I hope to see the same from Fibaro at some point!

On 11/21/2016 at 5:00 PM, devfern24 said:

+1 for the minimal lock support. Would be useful to have the ability to easily change pin codes (there is a workaround but it isnt pretty) and be able to trigger scenes based on the pin code that was entered. Vera has integrated all of this very nicely, I hope to see the same from Fibaro at some point!

The support for the Yale lock is pathetic.  Great I can lock and unlock the door.  I can't run a Pin code specific scene, I can't activate codes on specific time (Thursday's from 1pm to 5pm for the maids code for example)  But hey I still have GE/Jasco dimmers that have no template.....

On 10/24/2016 at 1:29 AM, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

I've sent you my missing templats on every software update and I STILL dont even have templates for basic generic controllers like GE/Jasco dimmers....

If I only could edit and import templates. Export works but there is no way to import. I guess the community would be eager to create templates for new devices. Why templates are integrated into the FW I do not understand. z-wave devices are for sure popping up much faster than new FW releases. Together with a stylieguide many of us would be able to create templates and support other users with new devices. I still have a few devices myself where usability is close to 0 as the template is missing or does not work anymore.

kuno

Edited by kunoch

Dnia 21.12.2016 o 08:19, I am the Stig napisał:

The support for the Yale lock is pathetic.  Great I can lock and unlock the door.  I can't run a Pin code specific scene, I can't activate codes on specific time (Thursday's from 1pm to 5pm for the maids code for example)  But hey I still have GE/Jasco dimmers that have no template.....

Now by Locks you can only open close, we are working on adding rest options like setting PIN, users etc, some option are now working only by lua

Dnia 21.12.2016 o 08:21, I am the Stig napisał:

I've sent you my missing templats on every software update and I STILL dont even have templates for basic generic controllers like GE/Jasco dimmers....

Can you say what is not working w/o template

From my data i see that only 2 devices are on top, rest JASCO got less then 10 requests

Product Info             Man.                                                                 Name                                 Version                      Request

Please login or register to see this image.

but dimmers are supported, you should got parameter template = 477

Product Info             Man.                                                                 Name                                 Version                     

SALtNgCreAfYnQprh40MaYLcJ7Cp+JYQQQsgJ+Q8

@A.Socha: does this mean the more requests the higher the likelyness that the template might be available?

As I found the template I am missing in another post already I did not send it to fibaro to avoid flodding support with (duplicate) requests

I get all data from support, where we see request for devices. We starting from them what got the most request. We sending request for sample to manufacturer, if we get them then it is going to backlog. We plan what to do in every next release  for example we got supported all class for this device and BUI support them so let add them, So like you see that is only a one factor. But all device what we get sample we plan to add

@A.Socha is FIbaro going to add template for:

0-10V Z-Wave Plus Qubino ZMNHVD1

?

I have send you template and request few months ago. There are few beta versions and official ones since this time and still no support.

if we get sample

man.                                                                name                                      SW                  request

Please login or register to see this image.