Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heatit thermostat, cannot add to linked devices

eg1l

Question

Hi.

I cannot use the Heatit thermostat in the linked devices menu, does not appear. Seems that the thermostat does not appear as a on / off device that can be controlled.

Edited by eg1l

11 answers to this question

6 hours ago, eg1l said:

Hi.

I cannot use the Heatit thermostat in the linked devices menu, does not appear. Seems that the thermostat does not appear as a on / off device that can be controlled.

Hello,

Are you sure that it is configured correctly? Was it added without any difficulties?

• Inquirer
  • No problems during inclusion. Slave devices reports as;

• com.fibaro.setPoint
    • com.fibaro.operatingMode
    • Temperature Sensor

See screenshots attached. Also, if 18 C is its current set point, it is not correct. It is currently set to 22 C.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by eg1l

On 18.10.2016 at 5:21 PM, eg1l said:

No problems during inclusion. Slave devices reports as;

• com.fibaro.setPoint
    • com.fibaro.operatingMode
    • Temperature Sensor

See screenshots attached. Also, if 18 C is its current set point, it is not correct. It is currently set to 22 C.

Hello,

The device seems to be added correctly.

You will not link this device in heating panel as this device does not work as an actor in the system. It manages target levels of temperatures sent by the panel.

The thermostat should work without problems when it is in a room picked in your heating plan, but you have to manually put the thermostat in heating mode. Try that and let me know if it works.

• Inquirer
  • This is my linked devices setup, heating panel setup and the device itself when set to manual mode 33C. Nothing happends. 

I would expect the thermostat to engage when manual mode is set to 33C and the temperature is 23.2.

16 hours ago, eg1l said:

This is my linked devices setup, heating panel setup and the device itself when set to manual mode 33C. Nothing happends. 

I would expect the thermostat to engage when manual mode is set to 33C and the temperature is 23.2.

Hello,

I think that we do not understand each other.

I can see that you heating panel has nothing in it. You didn't choose days and temperature which you want to set between particular hours. How do you want the panel to control the heating when your panel is empty?

What devices do you use to set the temperature in your rooms? Danfoss valves?

• Inquirer

How do you want the panel to control the heating when your panel is empty?

I would expect setting manual mode for 1 hour to 33C to actually do something??

What devices do you use to set the temperature in your rooms? Danfoss valves?

The Heatit thermostat itself is connected to the floor heating cables, it is in fact this device that has a relay that powers the cables.

Dnia 21.10.2016 o 13:21, eg1l napisał:

I would expect setting manual mode for 1 hour to 33C to actually do something??

The Heatit thermostat itself is connected to the floor heating cables, it is in fact this device that has a relay that powers the cables.

Hello,

You do not need to link devices in heating panel.

When it comes to the values seen in the UI, it is the last reported by the device. It is not the value you set right now.

Create a zone in the heating panel and tick the room where you have the thermostat.

Note that devices you want to use have to be in the same zone/room.

Select the mode you want the thermostat to work in (in your case heating) and leave it like that. Select in for the device in the UI.

If you change the temperature manually using the Web UI it will be overwritten by the schedule within a minute.

If you change the temperature in the mobile app for a specific zone it will set the manual mode for desired time then it will set thermostat for this temperature as long as the manual mode will be active.

• Inquirer
  • 25 minutes ago, T.Konopka said:

Hello,

You do not need to link devices in heating panel.

When it comes to the values seen in the UI, it is the last reported by the device. It is not the value you set right now.

Create a zone in the heating panel and tick the room where you have the thermostat.

Note that devices you want to use have to be in the same zone/room.

Select the mode you want the thermostat to work in (in your case heating) and leave it like that. Select in for the device in the UI.

If you change the temperature manually using the Web UI it will be overwritten by the schedule within a minute.

If you change the temperature in the mobile app for a specific zone it will set the manual mode for desired time then it will set thermostat for this temperature as long as the manual mode will be active.

Aha, it works! I had not added the room in the heating panel zone. I also removed linked devices. 

However, the behavior of the heating panel buttons is a little confusing.

When clicking the pen, and your are taken to the heating panel, clicking the pen again brings up the room list. 

I would rather see a different icon for the room list :) 

Ok and what with manual change in the termostat.

When i change temperature on heatit it return to the desired temerature from heating panel. So it only for show and meshare temperature, but i can't change it manually on the device.

Dnia 26.10.2016 o 15:55, eg1l napisał:

Aha, it works! I had not added the room in the heating panel zone. I also removed linked devices. 

However, the behavior of the heating panel buttons is a little confusing.

When clicking the pen, and your are taken to the heating panel, clicking the pen again brings up the room list. 

I would rather see a different icon for the room list :) 

Hello,

I am happy that the issue has been solved! :)

The UI works like this so you add rooms to the correct zone. Firstly, you choose the zone, then you can select rooms.

Dnia 31.10.2016 o 23:56, viperlodz napisał:

Ok and what with manual change in the termostat.

When i change temperature on heatit it return to the desired temerature from heating panel. So it only for show and meshare temperature, but i can't change it manually on the device.

I think that @eg1l asked just about the same functionality. Please, follow the same procedure to see if your manual mode works in the same way.