Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Solved: Adding a pre-owned HCL to my account - not trivial...? - Solved

JohanSoder

Question

Dear all

I just bought a set of z-wave components used, among them a used HCL, sadly I am running into problems already before starting to use the thing...

1. I create an account at

Please login or register to see this link.

- this works like a charm.
  2. I add the HCL as mine (I see no way of removing it from the previous owner - is there a way to make sure he cannot access it any more?)
  3. The HCL is running "4.071 Beta", clicking the link of the newly added HCL brings me to: 

(this is very similar/the same? as http://192.168.1.2/fibaro/en/home/login.html - my local access to the HCL)

So far everything works like a charm, but now I cannot log into this new admin-interface (see link in step #3 above)... It will not accept the same credentials as 

, this means that I am stuck. I cannot ask for a new password since this interface does not recognise my username (that obviously works with 

).... 

I guess I must be doing something very fundamentally wrong here... Anyone?

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

I have the same problem. But I can't find the solution in the (online) manual. 

Can you please  give me a resumé?

I don't believe you have to remove it from the owner's account - if you can connect the device to your account, that means it isn't associated with another account - it will only allow one device to be associated with one account. 

I know this as I bought a second hand HC2. I tried to add it to my account but it wouldn't let me as it said it was attached to another account. Once the previous owner removed it from their account, I was able to add it.