Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Privacy] How to ask/delete all account/hc2 data gathered and maintaned by Fibaro?

Lambik

As stated in the

Please login or register to see this link.

, Fibaro has the obligation to store user (our) data under

conditions.

This means Fibaro users are entitled to:

1. Data controllers are required to inform you when they collect personal data about you;
  2. You have the right to know the name of the controller, what the processing is going to be used for, to whom your data may be transferred;
  3. You have the right to receive this information whether the data was obtained directly or indirectly, unless this information proves impossible or too difficult to obtain, or is legally protected;
  4. You are entitled to ask the data controller if he or she is processing personal data about you;
  5. You have the right to receive a copy of this data in intelligible form;
  6. You have the right to ask for the deletion, blocking or erasing of the data.

source:

As Fibaro stated on his own

:

THE RIGHT TO CONTROL, ACCESS, AND MODIFY PERSONAL DATA

1. The Service Recipient or Client has the right to access the content of their personal data and correct it.
2. Every person has the right to control the processing of the data which pertains to them, contained in the Administrator's database, particularly the right to: demand a supplementing, updating, correction of personal data, temporary or permanent deletion of the data, if the data is incomplete, obsolete, false, or has been collected through an infringement of the act or are no longer necessary to complete the purpose for which they had been gathered.
3. Should the Service Recipient or the Client give their consent to data processing for the purposes of direct marketing of the Administrator's own products or services the consent may be withdrawn at any time.
4. Should the Administrator aim to process or is processing the Service Recipient's or the Client's data for the purpose of direct marketing of the Administrator's own products or services, the person whom the data pertains to also has the right to:
- motion a written, motivated demand for cessation of personal data processing because of a special situation or to
- raise an objection against personal data processing.
5. In order to exercise the rights stated above one may contact the Administrator by sending an appropriate message in writing or by e-mail to the Administrator's address indicated in the general provisions of the present privacy policy.
6. We store the gathered data first and foremost for the purpose of delivering the highest possible level of quality of service in website and services administration. They also allow us to create statistics of usage based on user behavior. The collected data may be may be disclosed to third parties in a manner which does not enable the identification of the users, as well as to authorized bodies of public authorities.

Because I have serious doubts on how they handle these regulations, I want to ask a copy of all my data gathered by Fibaro.

What I need is the proper way to this. So I need a clear example how it should meet the specifications of an appropriate message.

Does anyone have any proper suggestions how to handle this in the right way?

(At Fibaro Administrator: can you enlighten me please?)

Thank you in advance! It will be highly appreciated.

i want to know this as wel.

it looks like fibaro is gathering more and more information about the users, and i like to know what it is and what the reason is.

(selling data??)

Edited by akatar

• Topic Author
  • Agreed, rule #2: '...... what the processing is going to be used for, to whom your data may be transferred'.

Due to nature of ALL home automation systems, those should come with (at very least) link to where users can view their data and the intended use of this data.

Idealy intended prior to using that way (for about 48 hours since initiall activation of the device - giving user the oportunity to alter or decline this data collecting process).

I am particullary worried about systems such as Alexa. As much as i love the idea it dose mean that we allow permanently on microphones into our hosues.  Microphones whose recordings (even if you do belive that it records only after you say her name) could catch something private, something that will be stored on server of the provider of the service. It is the worse (not worst yet but close) case scenario corporation has abundance of data on you that it will use to manipulate your perception for its own ends.

*Sigh* and i thought things could not get worse when i first heard of MS kinect :/

• 2 weeks later...

well we bought the HC and did with that own the HC. It is to the users to make a workaround and lock Fibaro out off your system and still have the functions you want/need.

But on our phones we install apps that can do everything. Smart TV's registering our behaviour. Our PC.s with software, Google, Facebook they all collect data( our lives).

So privacy is already a long way don the drain. If we want privacy we have to drop our phones, computers and appliances with an internet connection.

But that said data collecting is mostly by free software and we have paid for the HC.

1 hour ago, zaanhoeve said:

But that said data collecting is mostly by free software and we have paid for the HC.

define: free software. 

There is nothing about free in the software we bought with Fibaro's HC. Not even "free as a beer" not to mention freedom. Otherwise you could run it on a PC of your choice (beer) or device of your choice (freedom). On the other hand, and as you said, Alexa, Siri, Cortana and the girl from Google are doing their job well enough and they are all just given away free, or almost free of any charge other than freedom.

• 1 month later...
    On 1/29/2017 at 1:12 PM, zaanhoeve said:

well we bought the HC and did with that own the HC. It is to the users to make a workaround and lock Fibaro out off your system and still have the functions you want/need.

But on our phones we install apps that can do everything. Smart TV's registering our behaviour. Our PC.s with software, Google, Facebook they all collect data( our lives).

So privacy is already a long way don the drain. If we want privacy we have to drop our phones, computers and appliances with an internet connection.

But my phone i can decide or opt in to send information, which i never do. I can also limit what happens with my phone. PC's i can control, sure they can monitor what web sites i access and throw ads at me depending on what i have viewed but that is completely different, i can limit this to an extent. Facebook, i can limit what i put on facebook, people can find out my name, family and address, though nothing more than if you were to ask my friends.

What limits do i have on the HC? What are they collecting? Do they have access to cctv? My ipad camera? If i want to use this in my house then they can potentially have access to a lot of stuff i have no control over. 

Its also the reason i am not using Alexa. My home is my castle, my private domain where i can keep my family safe.

Edited by Produno

On 14. 1. 2017 at 1:32 PM, Lambik said:

As stated in the

, Fibaro has the obligation to store user (our) data under

conditions.

This means Fibaro users are entitled to:

source:

As Fibaro stated on his own

:

Because I have serious doubts on how they handle these regulations, I want to ask a copy of all my data gathered by Fibaro.

What I need is the proper way to this. So I need a clear example how it should meet the specifications of an appropriate message.

Does anyone have any proper suggestions how to handle this in the right way?

(At Fibaro Administrator: can you enlighten me please?)

Thank you in advance! It will be highly appreciated.

Well EDPD will be replaced with this

I'm more concerned about GDPR more than with EDPD right now. So i'm going to study if Fibaro terms of use are in complain with GDPR.