Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Northq NQ 9021 - Powermeter

n8flight

Question

Unfortunately the Northq 9021 doesn´t work as it should be. I figured out the problem with the support of the manufacturer in Denmark and thats the answer:

The firmware version on the power reader is the latest and, as you also observed, everything is reported *1000. Therefore the correct pulse factor is 1.000.000, which is the maximum value you can enter for any firmware version newer than 3.24. The problem is that Fibaro's interface doesn't allow to enter values higher than 65535 (which is the maximum value that we implemented initially until the 3.24 firmware update - when we increased it to 1.000.000). 

Can you please change the implementation of NQ9021, It should be possible to change Parameter 1 pulse factor to 1.000.000. At the moement it´s limited to 65.535. The device has formware 3.30. Thank you.

9 answers to this question

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

Dnia 23.01.2017 o 14:58, n8flight napisał:

The firmware version on the power reader is the latest and, as you also observed, everything is reported *1000. Therefore the correct pulse factor is 1.000.000, which is the maximum value you can enter for any firmware version newer than 3.24. The problem is that Fibaro's interface doesn't allow to enter values higher than 65535 (which is the maximum value that we implemented initially until the 3.24 firmware update - when we increased it to 1.000.000). 

Can you please change the implementation of NQ9021, It should be possible to change Parameter 1 pulse factor to 1.000.000. At the moement it´s limited to 65.535. The device has formware 3.30. Thank you.

Hello,

Can you disable the template for the device and then set the parameter 1 for 1 000 000? Let's check if this will work.

The issue has been reported to the team, but we have to check if it is possible. It will require changes in the template for the device.

• Inquirer
  • Sorry i have a new problem. It presents the figure in kWh but it counts too much. I have to analyse that. I believe counting with pulse factor 10.000 was correct but wasn´t correct presented in the fibaro frontend. Confusing.

Godzinę temu, n8flight napisał:

Sorry i have a new problem. It presents the figure in kWh but it counts too much. I have to analyse that. I believe counting with pulse factor 10.000 was correct but wasn´t correct presented in the fibaro frontend. Confusing.

Hello,

Can you show this in screen shots?

What version of our software do you have?

• Inquirer
  • @T.Konopka

Second Picture shows presentation in fibaro V4.110 with pulse factor 1.000.000. First picture shows presentation with pulse factor 10.000. 

So pulse factor 1.000.000 gives the right presentation but counts too much. Pulse factor 10.000 counts correctly but presents Wh as kWh?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by n8flight

I have the same issue with this device. My power meter should read 10000 pulses/kWh and Parameter 1 need pulse input for 10 kWh, I cannot choose 100.000 pulses (65535 is max) and hence my reading is way off.

I think it is not such a big job to implement power meters a lot better that it is today to be honest .. 

I seem to remember I had this working with 10,000 pulses (or 10.000 for Europeans). We have just moved back home having done a major renovation, so need to get this hooked up again so I can check. I will report back when the HC2 is back up and functioning properly. 

So looked at my config and 10,000 (or 10.000) seems to make my power meter record the right kWh from recording to recording. I have them set up a scene (triggered by the power meter value changing) to record to sites like SmartLiving and ThinkSpeak to monitor them and they report the correct delta values (update to update - 15 mins apart). I'm not sure however that the total value recorded on the Fibaro desktop is recording the right value. I need to keep an eye on this and see how it changes compared to what the scene is recording

Edited by Cameleon