Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Infrared to Z-Wave

morpheus75

Question

Hello All

A while back there was a discussion about being able to control zwave devices with infrared. Namely to use with home AV equipment.

Now there is one and i have being testing it and works very well.

This module allows 20 IR codes (which you can define) to output to 20 http commands (again which you define and allocated to a source IR command)

i have configured it and inputted the fibaro API commands to trigger scenes.

In my examples 'PLAY' on bluray player plays my movie and dims the lights, then when i press 'STOP' the movies stops and lights brighten.

Have a look at the video..

This can be bought directly from Keene Electronics or i can supply for a £5 discount. FREE delivery to UK.

cheers

Please login or register to see this link.

3 answers to this question

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, morpheus75 said:

Hello All

A while back there was a discussion about being able to control zwave devices with infrared. Namely to use with home AV equipment.

Now there is one and i have being testing it and works very well.

This module allows 20 IR codes (which you can define) to output to 20 http commands (again which you define and allocated to a source IR command)

i have configured it and inputted the fibaro API commands to trigger scenes.

In my examples 'PLAY' on bluray player plays my movie and dims the lights, then when i press 'STOP' the movies stops and lights brighten.

Have a look at the video..

This can be bought directly from Keene Electronics or i can supply for a £5 discount. FREE delivery to UK.

cheers

Please login or register to see this link.

Thanks for this... is there info on going from ZWave to Infra-Red?? I am looking to replace our kitchen extractor hood and that has infra-red remote to control, I was hoping to integrate this with the ZWave so that I can get Alexa to switch on and off the extractor hood fan or light.

• Inquirer
  • @rajp

There are already modules available that can do this.

Itach global cache is 1 of them where u can create your own VD and add an IR command to it.

I use a remotec z90 (I think that's what it's called ) its the cheaper version which runs AC systems. You can program the different temps with different codes the only thing is u cannot rename anything so u have to remember which temp setting does what.

E.g. I have set 22 deg as a TV off command

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, morpheus75 said:

Itach global cache is 1 of them

I have just installed one of them and I use it in conjunction with Amazon Ehco Dot.

I just say:  Alexa Set CinemaState.  That sets my lights for watching a movie, it turns on TV, it changes source to my KODI Box.  If you do this, make sure that no matter what you do, always return SOURCE back to the default which in my case is TV.  The latter I do when I am finished watching and I TURN CINEMASTATE OFF and then I return SOURCE to TV, Turn off KODI, Turn Off the actual TV

The iTach unit is expensive in my view but worth the money spent as it just gets rid of the multiple Remote Controls

@morpheus75 is totally correct, you have to start of with a VD before you get too clever with your ideas <grin>

l