Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to control brackets in block scenes

jayrock

Question

Hi,

this is the expression I want to realize in the condition for a block scene:

a and b and (c or d)

I have difficulties to control the brackets in the block editor; they seem to pop up now and then. Would someone explain to me how to make the backets appear or disapper?

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Brackets are only automatically set when a physical device is used in the IF AND or OR. Why this is not possible for variables and timers and alike I have no clue. makes it sometimes really hard to get the conditions right.

The only way I see how brackets can be forced is to have a device with a silly condition (e.g. a switch having a power consumption of above 10kW, so it is (hopefully) always false and the two or conditions are significant. Not really a nice way to do it and absolutely not understandable a few days after the implementation.

a and b and (power_switch >= 10'000 or c or d)

not nice at all :-(

Edited by kunoch

I created a small scene where brackets are really needed. without the brackets, the scene misbehaves as the light goes on immediately again, when switched off. Obvious as currently at least one of the or weather conditions is true. and this was not the intention. Even without having weather as a trigger condition.

The intention was: if it is the exact time before sunset and it is one of the weather conditins, then switch light on.

IF (200 min before sunset) & (cloudy or rain or snow or fog) then (turn on lights)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@hTiger1: unfortunately true, which makes it not really understandable. or as an alternative individual scenes for each weather condition. having the possiblity to set brackets would really help

Hi

perhaps this helps:   

Please login or register to see this link.

or this ( german language )   

Please login or register to see this link.

regards

Gerd