Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

First Scene with timer and wall outlet

Gman34798

Question

Any idea why this simple scene will not trigger?  Should switch an outlet on for 2.5 hours every day at 10pm.  This is m y first scene, and it seems simple enough, but am I missing something?  I can trigger the outlet manually from within the app and it works fine so I know it's connected and functioning properly outside the scene.

Thanks all!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by T.Konopka
Give others a hint about the subject in the title.

3 answers to this question

Yes I think I see the problem here

Remove the 9000 and enter 0, this will then just turn on the Wall Outlet

To get it to turn off add the following:-

And

Wall Outlet = Turn off 9000 s

That said if I was doing this for myself I would do it another way:-

I would add my days of week and the exact time (as you have done)

Then

Wall Outlet = Turn on 0 s

And save the scene, this has now created a schedule to turn on the wall out let at 10pm every day

I would then create another scene (copy scene) exactly as above but select turn off (obviously change your exact time to when you want it turning off)

I think this looks better and you can change the time without trying to figure out the seconds lol.

Hope that helps you!

Edited by Captain Chaos

As @Captain Chaosalready mentions, the time there is the delay. for the action. So in your example it would mean switch the wall outlet on after 9000s.

you can for sure create such a scene:

IF time of the day == 10PM

THEN Switch ON wall_outlet with a delay 0s

AND Switch OFF wall_outlet with delay 9000s

that should do the job.

Be careful! I would recommend to use such delays only if it is a few minutes (below 10). Reason: if the HCL crashes or you play around and have to restart while the delay is running, the delay will not be continued or restarted after the HCL is up and running again. So the delayed off would only trigger the next day.

I would create two scenes, one for ON and one for OFF.

I also noticed (I might be wrong) such scenes tend to lead to an increased probability to make the HCL crash (at least in my situation I came down from several a day to now maximum 2 per day, wchi is still 3 too many ;-) )

When trying something like this: try first with short delays, so you can follow the reaction of the system easily. Keep in mind when pressing the 'play' button of a scene, the IF condition is disregarded, or set the time in the IF condition to a few minutes into the future.

Edited by kunoch

• Inquirer
  • @Captain Chaos & @kunoch,  

Thanks for the replies and answer to my issue, didn't realize that was a delay timer!  I'll rewrite into 2 scenes as you advised and I'm sure all should function properly.