Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

adding devices

alexandra_foka

Question

Hello,

my home center lite had a problem with  recognition of the devices a couple of days before , so i recover it and tried to re add the devices. however i tried to push 3 times the button while home center was at learning mode i failed . my devices are switches 2 relays . once i push 3 times the programming button it says adding advices completed ( not finished with green color as it should be) but no device is really added ?? what am i doing wrong ? is there a problem with home center? could that happened from a thunder ??

thank you in advance

with best regards

Alexandra 

10 answers to this question

I had similar problems and did a factory reset of the sensor to be included, then it worked immediately. Did (had to do) this for several sensors.

Was maybe not precise enough. I applied this procedure after excluding the sensor but was unable to include it again.

Edited by kunoch

Hi @alexandra_foka,

Here is the reset procedure:

Resetting the Switch 2:

1. Switch off the mains voltage (disable the fuse).

2. Remove the Switch 2 from the wall switch box.

3. Switch on the mains voltage.

4. Press and hold the B-button to enter the menu.

5. Wait for the visual LED indicator to glow yellow.

6. Quickly release and click the B-button again.

7. After few seconds the device will be restarted, which is signalled with the red LED indicator colour.

However, please remember:

Resetting the device is not the recommended way of removing the device from the Z-Wave network.

Try to exclude first, just as @akatar suggested.

• Inquirer
  • Hello again 

thank you all for your advices. I have the same problem i've tried to reset the switches but with no results . i didn t notice any led ... neither on the manuals. maybe i have an older version ? As for the excluding i tried before the recovery but i couldn t so i did force excluding . the led you said , where is located ?

Thank you again in advance 

13 minutes ago, alexandra_foka said:

Hello again 

thank you all for your advices. I have the same problem i've tried to reset the switches but with no results . i didn t notice any led ... neither on the manuals. maybe i have an older version ? As for the excluding i tried before the recovery but i couldn t so i did force excluding . the led you said , where is located ?

Thank you again in advance 

Do you have any label on the device?

If your device is: FGS-222

Then you reset it as instructed below:

Method II : Reset by holding B button for 3 sec. after connecting mains voltage to the Switch

Mentioned generation didn't have LED back then.

If your problems will not disappear and your HC accepts and adds other devices properly, and only this one is having difficulties. Then, the only solution will be to send it to us under the warranty.

Edited by I.Srodka

• Inquirer
  • ok i'll be sure about the topic ,i'll check individually every piece and then i'll contact your company ! 

thank you very much for your help