Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Service account

plutonium

Question

As a Fibaro Installer with 20+ HCL houses and apartments installed with Fibaro, I would like to know if there is anyhow possible to get account for "remote service".

It is hard to give any technical support for customer after he calls if he is 6hours of driving away. It would be great if Fibaro develops "Service account" for installers who provide maintenance services.

Situation that would happen if there IS service account:

Here is an example:

• Customer calls technical support (installer - officialy approved by Fibaro) and reports a problem with heating - thermostat does not respond on input (customer is 6 hours of driving away on island)
  • Technical support with service account connects on customer's HCL and sees all administrator (and more) settings
  • As staying in phone call, customer and technical support provider, pass through all possible solutions and issues and they solve a problem within 1 hour, heating working, customer satisfied

Situation that would happen if there is NOT service account.

• Same situation as above
  • BUT....Someone from technical support will have to drive 6+ hours to reach customers house (eventually it will be next day at the best as to organize such trip is not just to jump in the car and go). It will take half and hour to solve and find out cause of the problem. If HCL and installation is in warranty period, some crazy amount cant be charged and technician have to travel back again 6+ hours next day. 2 days lost for small amount of work that can be done remotely. Customer was without heating in house for 1 whole day in winter period = unstatisfied customer who hates Fibaro and installer services...

All forum members, do you have any advice, suggestion or experiences for such situations?

Maybe there is Fibaro service account available, but we dont know it (shame on me).

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, plutonium said:

I would like to know if there is anyhow possible to get account for "remote service".

I'm confused... I thought it already existed...

• Inquirer
  • 22 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

I'm confused... I thought it already existed...

Thats why I said shame on me :D

Any feedback so far?

Edited by plutonium

Oops, 

Just checked and see that I can 'Add Installer'. Didn't see that before.

I'm on 4.154 Beta

"Installer access" is still under development on the installer app side. Fibaro partners and installers, that know how to get there see some features alredy. And those are great features :D.

I believe it should be ready when update 4.160 come.

3 hours ago, plutonium said:

I would like to know if there is anyhow possible to get account for "remote service"

As it was pointed earlier, we do have an idea for such service.

It is being developed and selected partners and installers will have access to this tool but this is rather business. I won't be the one to decide about it : )

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, I.Srodka said:

As it was pointed earlier, we do have an idea for such service.

It is being developed and selected partners and installers will have access to this tool but this is rather business. I won't be the one to decide about it : )

As I understood, it wont be available to everyone, but just to partners. Am I right?

This is perfectly fine and the thing I was thinking about. Probably I will need to contact Fibaro Head of sales for my region.