Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wall plug stops reporting power consumption

Igy

Question

I have 3 plugs plugged side by side to measure and control 3 separate computers (2 Fibaro plugs and 1 Chinese from Aliexpress). From time to time Fibaro plugs just stop to send power reports and they state 0W, but device plugged to it is still running as before. To get power reports, I need to turn it off and on again. But than computer needs to restart. Chinese plug works like a charm without this issue. Any idea where can be the issue? 

4 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Igy said:

I have 3 plugs plugged side by side to measure and control 3 separate computers (2 Fibaro plugs and 1 Chinese from Aliexpress). From time to time Fibaro plugs just stop to send power reports and they state 0W, but device plugged to it is still running as before. To get power reports, I need to turn it off and on again. But than computer needs to restart. Chinese plug works like a charm without this issue. Any idea where can be the issue? 

Your guess is as good as mine. Perhaps the Chinese plugs follow the z-wave protocol more strict while Fibaro, to have some smart but unsupported features, does not. And that becomes a problem under certain circumstances for the Homecenter?

Hi @Igy!

What's the distance from the Home Center? 

Are both those Wall Plugs (our and Chinese) are in the same range? Or maybe one of them is further?

• Inquirer
  • All plugs are plugged at the exactly same place, one next to each other. The distance from HC2 is approximately 6 meters with 2 brick walls between. Within the room of operation, there are also other fibaro modules installed, so there should be mesh network as well (fibaro dimmer and fibaro switch). I do have also other battery devices in the same place ,working without issue (2 door sensors, 1 motion sensor). However sometimes battery operated siren that is located in the same room is marked as dead. But in case of wall plug, its not marked as dead node, but only not referring the consumption.