Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGT-001 - New Firmware Available: 4.0 > 4.3

Gianluca S.

Question

Hi Guys,

The new firmare is aivaliable for our FGT-001 heating valves.

The version is 4.3. Im updating my 6 valves. Each valved take more than 20 minutes to complete the procedure.

Cross the finger and share the experience....

If you are running HC FW older than 1.462 (beta) do not perform remove/reset/include after update TRV's FW. 

(Thanks to adyboss for the suggestion)

Edited by Gianluca S.

1 minute ago, svaleb said:

How to update this x##x%?? thing if you have an other controller and no access to a HC2 or HCL !!! ???

Options:

1. Return the device to the dealer, hope to accept it and wait undefined time, probably next heating season

2. Buy HC, do it yourself

3. Find a friend with HC, buy a beer and go visit him for a few hours

Personally, in such situation I am going to choose option 3 :) 

3 minutes ago, Bezan said:

Hi, after update I still have non working valve too...

Temperature from plan is 21,5, in room 22,5 and valve is open. In HC it is showing OFF for one and 21,5 fo second in this room. Module is living its own life.

In bathroom valve after turning on is turning MAX / OFF since 1 hour in a loop.

I was able to add additional temperature sensor once. After some location changes and valve reset it is not accepting temperature sensor again.

I feel like we are working to get Fibaro module working but still paying full price for non working device. I`m very close for asking for refund.

After update did you exclude/reset/include it?

Mine is working OK.

2 minutes ago, adyboss said:

After update did you exclude/reset/include it?

Mine is working OK.

Yes, all were reconfigured

Yes, I know but there may be a lot of them all over the world which needs an update, maybe they will find an other solution in this, special, case.

Do you think they will give us tools to update on USB? I believe the single solutions were presented by @chapa

Is better to ask them direct, on Support.

Let's focus here on problems (new or solved).

Hi @m.roszak

What is to be done in my case?

After update I've got this for one of the devices:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Any chance to be "revitalized"? The release of the new stable version will fix this problem?

I am using 4.160.

Regards.

Edited by adyboss

Yes, new stable will introduce full support for modules in 4.3 fw. 
You can use 4.162 beta for now, it also supports it. 

Just reconfigure the module after updating for any of those versions and everything will back to normal. 

• Like 1

A VERY SHORT review (the shortest ever) of 4.3 running on two FGT-001 + external sensor to help you decide if it is worth trying...

This morning: target temp REACHED and stable in those rooms. FGT responds to commands and open/closes the valve, but clearly using different algorithm (different delay, different rhythm).

After FGT FW update both were excluded, reset and included again.

Running HC 4.162 so I get the new template including "Blackbox logs". As Mr @m.roszak says, please wait a few days if you do not want to run a beta on your HC... I suggest you install betas only if you know how to do "recovery" and "restore" of your system.

Both TRVs under control of heating panel with no additional scripts running.

@Gianluca S., let's put it in first post:

If you are running HC FW older than 4.162 (beta) do not perform remove/reset/include after update TRV's FW. 

Edited by adyboss

15 minutes ago, adyboss said:

@Gianluca S., let's put it in first post:

If you are running HC FW older than 1.462 (beta) do not perform remove/reset/include after update TRV's FW. 

Or wait a few days, until they release the next non-beta HC firmware. I think... Telling people "do not remove/reset/include" is fine but on the other hand... if something goes wrong what is the first advice you give? Exactly! "Please try remove/reset/include"...

50 minutes ago, adyboss said:

Do you think they will give us tools to update on USB?

I do not think that will be possible, I think the USB is a charge port only. I am speculating a bit, but my "charge doctor" says D+ and D- of the port are at 0 V and neither my Mac, nor my PC detects a USB device. Aeotec MS6 has the same issue... OTA only (or factory programming via pads on the device PCB).

Edited by petergebruers

Unfortunately after the release was no info about HC FW version to be used. And of course, it was that instruction if is something wrong... perform RRI.

But the first thing which should NOT be done, as @m.roszak said, is to avoid to do RRI if the FW is older than 4.162

Edited by adyboss

We all take statements like:

"By accepting this statement you accept all the risks as above indicated" which includes

"The Producer DOES NOT ISSUE ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER for devices’ defects resulting from the failure of ensuring any of the above indicated conditions by the User"

but it is not a good idea, or least not professional one, to release own device FW version, which is not FULLY supported by Stable version of the Controller.

Of course we can wait few days for stable one, we waited so much for TRV firmware, but I got feeling, Fibaro wanted to get a short user feedback from its own beta testers community before releasing Stable version.

Not bad idea, but why others should be affected also...

If so, it should be clearly stated in "red words section" of the Update dialog.

Anyway, congrats for the work done, this time I have a feeling both updates are coming for good.

For me, I am going to wait Stable FW to do next TRV updates. And hope HEM issues introduced in last betas to be resolved at the Stable, as I do not want to get full support for TRVs at the end of heating season, at cost of missing right energy reporting :)

Edited by chapa

@adyboss exactly... I am unsure though if all reported problems here are due to the 4.160. But anyway... it was not mentioned so if you lost part of functionality due to this version mismatch issue, and you cannot wait, you might have to upgrade to 4.162... If you know how to "recover". If this applies to you, I'd exclude the TRVs before you upgrade the HC. You'll get new IDs but your config is not good anyway so I think this cannot be avoided.

@chapa you have GOT to LOVE those "legal statements". :-) I have worked, a few times, with a lawyer, to "fine tune" such statements. It is quite common practice to put up such damage - responsibility - limiting statements. They probably want to avoid, you could sue them because the update crashed, the room got too hot, all your exotic flowering plants died and now you are going to sue them and let them pay for the flowers. As the lawyer said... you can put pretty much anything in those agreements. But you cannot put yourself above the law. So if those strong sounding statements would be really useful in court is doubtful. Anyway, that same lawyer also so said: settle your disputes, do not go to court. You'll only make the lawyers rich :-)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, meute said:

Hi,

I'm unable to update ...

After 10 secondes of the "Downloading" status I get the error "Status: fail - file size error. contact fibaro support."

And in the notification center "An error occured. RGBW program writing will not start"

I tried 50 times with same result and rebooted the HC Lite 5 times.

No more success after updated it to 4.162 beta.

i found a possible fix for this. for me it helped to remove (exclude) the fgt-001s and add them again (include) with only the first option. far from HC checked, Network wide and secure unchecked.

Now it updates like a charm

:)

Edited by DennisDM

1 minute ago, DennisDM said:

i found a possible fix for this. for me it helped to removed the fgt-001s and add them again with only the first option. far from HC checked, Network wide and secure unchecked.

Now it updates like a charm

:)

Yes, same solution for me.

3 minutes ago, meute said:

Yes, same solution for me.

Cool!

1 minute ago, DennisDM said:

Cool!

Maybe a HC Lite issue?