Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC2 lag over a minute

rbhun

Hi

I have built a HA system from the ground up. Its not a big flat, so not a very lot of devices, but EVERYTHING is on Zwave. And of course, the middle of it, is a HC2. That is why its very annoying if does not work.

Most of my rooms run UHAS/Very Small Lightning, so they turn lights on automatically. Usually, more than one light. Almost once every day, I enter in a room, and the light comes on only about a minute late. Or I exit to go back in half an hour, finding one light still on - 3 more have turned off. Sometimes I go home to find a light on, even though arming my alarm system shut them all down, and it does it for all, except one, maybe another. Sometimes I send an OFF command to my AC, and nothing happens, I press it several times on my phone, and in 2-3 minutes I hear it beeping - six times. Very annoying, when frineds come over and keep asking why I not just press the remote. And sometimes it works instantly, flawlessly.

I played with Intellihome on the iPad and sometimes I saw it saying 'command sent' and it takes about 30 secs to say 'accepted'. Sometimes, its instantly accepted. So it looks to me like the command goes out from the HC2, but it either does not reach the light, or it does not acknowledge it. Other times, I press a button on the intellihome, and nothing happens. I wait a minute, press it again, then it flicks and turns the light off. If the little slider in the app moves only when the HC2 has answered to the commend, then the problem is in the HC2. 

I have, according to the GUI, 76 devices. 95% of them is mains powered (as I had them all wired into an outlet), only the Danfoss controllers, and the few fibaro sensors are not (most of the rooms have at least one Aeon sensor, which is wired). Almost every device has another device in less than a feet. In a mesh network, that should give perfect communication. 

I have, however did a walk check with a multisensor and its built in range checker, and it displays direct connection from every place of my flat, except the upstairs batroom's farthest corner. I have tried rebuilding the mesh network several times, so I am sure its not communication related. I live in a very busy area and wifi is a struggle (I can see about 20 hotspots around me), so I dont think its a network issue. Unless, of course, the modules try to communicate directly only. But even directly, they should have no problem. I have at least one dead device a week. I cannot upgrade firmware in, for example, an RGBW controller unless I remove it and put it RIGHT NEXT to the fibaro.

My CPU is 6-30%, RAM is 50%. I try to do a reboot every week. I dont have ANY devices in secure mode. Device polling time is set to 550. I do have some unused devices, as I made the mistake of buying a lot of the Zipato double switch, and they create like 16 subdevices, as HC2 has no template for them. They are 4 swithces, 4 voltage, power and amps meters. I have some of them disabled, but its a long and tedious process and I dont want to do that unless someone says thats the root of my problem. I run about 20 scenes, not more.

I jsut ordered a zwave sniffer, but I am not sure I'll have the time to dig into it. Anybody has any insight?

Thanks in advance.

Balazs

I had a similar problem. Turned out to be a Fibaro Switch of an older model. When I removed that device, my system worked again.

• 3 months later...

HI. we had almost the same problem: hc2, 6 scenes, 7 virtual devices, 30 switches, 6 dimmers, 5 remotec zxt 120 and 10 danfoss devices. the delay between command and action was about 10 minutes, AC had same delay and beeped 11 times instead of 2. we contacted local dealer and directly fibaro suppot, they connected to hc2 , but could not help us. first we thought  it is hardware problem, but support told, that danfoss send too much packets. we disabled all the reports for danfoss and switch. danfoss still showed "transfer ok" every second. after that we add delay in our scenes and virtual devices (about 1-10 minutes(fibaro:sleep(600000))), so the lag gone, from 10 minute to 3 second responce. 

Edited by Nikolay Gladilin