Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Hello from the Netherlands

Vulture

Hello,

My name is John and live nearby the beautiful historic city of Delft in the Netherlands. We have since January 2016 a Fibaro Home Center Lite with a lot of Z-Wave components connected in our house. We use this system for automation of several devices, applications and house alarm. For push notifications we are using various Apple devices and this works in general very well. However since last app update we have troubles with losing login figures and push notifications and that drives me/us crazy. After placing a review with my complaints about this, I received finally feedback. Fibaro is aware about this problems and gave a temporary solution by using a pin code instead of Touch ID. I’ve got also the advice to join the forum. So here I am and  I hope by sharing experiences with other users solve my problems and learn from others enthusiastic Fibaro users.

Edited by Vulture

Hello, I am Peter Vdd from Belgium and I am happy that I didn't update. Apparently, Fibaro has made an update that isn't finished yet what is very strange for an update! Should have been beta. I want to follow these posts and find out when the update will be ok. After that, I will update too. Thx to Vulture!!

Edited by Altosaxo

Hello John

Vulture sounds familiar to me ;-)

For your problem, there is a user on this forum who posted his solution yesterday. 

In short, remove all references to the iphones from the hc2/l, remove the app from the iphone, not with the normal delete cross, but from settings, general, storage, remove app. 

Reboot the HC2/L and reinstall the iphone apps. Worked for that guy.

I have same problem, just one of our two iphones in the house. Will try same solution today/tomorrow.

Cheers,

WimJanse

• Topic Author
  • Hello Wim, 

Nice to hear from you, hope everything is fine with you both!

I have tried the solution you mentioned, but the problems are only partly solved. On the Apple devices, on whitch the login figures disappeared, we reinstall the apps and use now a pin code instead of Touch ID. Until today it works, but I cross my fingers! The reason for this problems are the new GDPR privacy rules, they say at Fibaro ! A shame that Fibaro has no quick solution for this problems!!!

The missing alarm push notification problems on one of our Apple devices (iPhone 7) is still a challenge. Very strange because the alarm on and alarm off notifications on the same device are working smoothly.

Thanks for making me an enthusiastic Fibaro user:)

Cheers,

John

Hello Peter from Belgium

Good decision to wait with the update!

BR,

John

Edited by Vulture
    Typing errors

Hello John,

All’s well here, hope same with you and family.

sorry to hear that the solution didn’t work, but saves me time to try as well. That means that we have to wait for the next update fro. Fibaro.

sometimes they are quick, sometimes it takes a while.

in general, I’m still quite happy with the systeem, using it to control all lightning, heating, alarm, audio, two cameras and lots of scenes to make life easy, like automatic switching on and off lights when we enter into certain rooms.

cheers/groet,

wim