Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Floor heating - Z-water + thermostat

FHC2N

Question

Anyone have good recommandations here?

Does the HeatIt Z-water have a template in HC2 ?

Is the Danfoss thermostat - square with circular display usable - has a template in HC2?

So just adding them will make them work from app, as is..

Other brands and components that will do better?

12 answers to this question

Hi FHC2N,

yes, after setting it up it is simple.

The sensors are good enough. you can setup how often they communicate to the HC2. You can also setup what temperature change should be communicated to the HC2 e.g. every change of 0.1° or every 0.5° and so on. A big advantage compared to a thermostat is that you can place them wherever you want.

Do I get a precise room temperature? Well, room temperature is affected by a lot of factors (people, activity, cooking, sunlight, ...). Floor heating is a slow reacting heating system. It will need several weeks or month to be the way I want it as this process needs time and adjustments. E.g: if I want 22° at 6 when should I switch to 22°? If I switch to 22 at 6 it will definitly be not there at 6.

Here is a temperature recording from this morning. It updates quite accurate.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

BR - kro

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hi @FHC2N,

Today I activated my Heatit Z-Water.

I have it installed since several month, but as it was quite warm there was no need for it.

No, there is no template for the Heatit Z-Water. But it works without one. There is not much to configure about it anyways I guess. Its just used to switch on and off the electric valves.

If you still want to configure one of the parameters simply add it to the master device and set it to the desired value.

I don't own a single thermostat and don't think you need one.

I use temperature sensors that I have anyways in the rooms (motion sensor, smoke sensor, qubino weather station sensors) and the heatit z-water, that's it.

1. I've setup heating zones in the heating panel. you need at least 1.
  2. you assign rooms to the heating zone
  3. you add a linked device to one of the rooms that are in the heating zone

For the linked device you choose 1 temperature sensor (idealy the one assigned to the room), and 1 or more switches of your heat-it z-water.

Thats it. If the temperature drops below the desired temperature in your heating zone, then the Fibaro system will activate all switches (=valves)

that are linked to it.

BR - kro

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @

Please login or register to see this link.

That sounds quite simple and easy. Maybe a bit early to ask, but do you get a presice roomtemperatur this way? Are the sensors accurate enough and do they communicate often enough to avoid peaks?

If you want, please post some screenshot from the setup.. :)

• Inquirer
  • Thanks again @

!

This is very helpful and interessting !!! :-):-)

I am planning to set up heating controlled by HC2. This will be underfloor water heating with several separate zones. For each zone, I would like to use thermostat (not just temp sensor) so that people can override desired temperature using thermostat. Is anyone having any recommendation which thermostat works fully with HC2? Products by Secure look in my opinion ugly. However I am planning to use Secure product to turn off heatpump when no heat is required (via LUA script). Anyone can recommend exact products? Thanks!

• Inquirer
  • You have this one -> 

Looking quite good, but I don't know wheter it works with Fibaro or not.

A reseller suggested products by Secure for this  particular setup.. 

- Not ugly??

I have additional question. After further research, I came to conclusion that Secure products are the best way to go. In my scenario, I plan to have 5 thermostats (SRT321) and 1 boiler relay (SSR303) that will turn off/on heater as needed (via LUA script). However I found that Secure 323 combines both relay and thermostat. Can I use that one 323 that will also serve as boiler relay for other thermostats? Or only that particular SRT323 can control the relay? Does it have fail-safe feature as SSR303 (to prevent constant heating in case of z-wave failure?). Thanks.

Hi @stomko,

check out this on vesternet.

I don't think you can use the thermostat to activate the boiler. You will need the reciver.

I have a receiver myself, but don't use it for now due to other limitations I might get because of the boiler type I use.

The reciver is a simple actuator, it can tell the boiler only to switch on or off... nothing else.

BR - Christian

Hi @kroeatschge - SRT323 has relay to turn on/off boiler too. Question was - if I bought one SRT323, is temperature sensor and relay acting as 2 separate devices? I cannot relay on the fact that that one thermostat will control relay only, otherwise it will break the purpose of other 4 thermostts controlling relay when needed.

Just curious, what actuators do you use with Heatit Z-Water? Can you use TWA-A 24V RA actuator from Danfoss?

Anybody has an experience with setting up a Thermostat in HC3? For testing purposes I tried it with different external temperature sensor like Fibaro Motion and as output Walli Switch and Heatit z-water. Both were as linked devices.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

And in the Clima section:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The system does not switch off/ on linked device. Anybody can advice what is wrong or what to check out? Thanks

BTW where is an option "Vacation"?

Edit:

Restart of the system helped to solve this issue. Strange...

Edited by DariuszP72