Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Virtual devices as widgets

Adde80

Perhaps not the right place for this question, but figured since it's related to beta testing of a new version, it's close enough. :>

Please move otherwise!

I am a happy fibaro user with some 40 different devices, and something I've been missing is the possibility to add virtual devices as a widget. 

Over the last years the app has evolved and more widget options has been added, but not VD. Maybe it's not that common to use VDs as much, or some other technical reason for not supporting it. 

But for me I don't see a need to have individual switches and dimmers as a widget, then I would have 10s of them.. With that kind of "desktop" I might as well get an iPhone :lol:

So, is i possible to add this for a coming version of the Android app? 

Now I use third-party (imperihome) on the side only for the VD widgets.. And would love to get rid of that app and have all I need with the fibaro app. 

• Topic Author
  • @Jamie mccrostie mmm I am aware of that, but imho that's just a bad looking workaround.

Eg I have one VD with 6 buttons triggering different light settings. 

That would give me 6 scene widgets.. And that's just for one VD.. 

How I have made my setup is VDs for manually triggered "scenes" and all my scenes are triggered automatically. 

• Topic Author
  • Really no one who uses VD's this way and would see the benefit of having them as widgets? :/

1 hour ago, Adde80 said:

Really no one who uses VD's this way and would see the benefit of having them as widgets? :/

Are you meaning hit widget to open VD?

• Topic Author
  • Well yes, to quickly access the VD's I frequently use. 

Eg. The most common ones I use are:

- Light control.

4 buttons. One for setting dinner light mode. One for setting TV light. One for "putting kids to bed" light mode and one for turning all lights off. 

All buttons manage >10 devices. 

- Garage doors. 

Ok this is easy to handle in other ways since its only two buttons. However if it would be possible to have a VD widget, it would be perfect if the icons would work. In this VD I can see if the doors are opened or closed from the icon displayed. 

I know there are ways to work around this, as mentioned I currently use ImperiHome for VD's. But its not pretty.. From a user experience perspective it would be great if it could be added to the fibaro app. 

• 3 months later...

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".