Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HCL Newbie Infos

AndyAA

Question

Hi,

although I use my HCL (just with door/window, flood and smoke sensors) for more than a year now, I'm not totally satisfied with the setup. The door/window sensors are linked to the Alarm Feature of HCL, so if I use the mobile app to arm my house - all door/window sensors are armed and I get notification if this alarm is breached. The Alarm panel is configured to send a generic notification by e-mail and push:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

And I 

Is this the best practice to set up alarm of door/window breaches? I cannot set something like a "Device Name" variable, so I do not know WHICH of the many window sensors are breached, correct? Or is there any possiblity to add something like the sensor name which triggers the alarm or the room, so I do not have dozens of Notifications/Alarms for each single sensor?

And what about Floood or Smoke Sensors, they do not have this "Arm" feature, do I set them also up using a scene if they get triggered? In my opinion, scenes sound more like "scenes", e.g. setting the roller blinds based on dates, switching lights randomly in vacation mode or similar. I've never thought of them to be that "security" feature and that reliable in terms of security and working correctly?

In addition from time to time I have "communication errors" with some of the sensors, but I do not recognize it as I usually do not login to HCL at all. IS there also the possibility to trigger actions on communication problems or low battery?

Cheers,

Andy

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet