Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

High load equipments Control

TMF

Question

Hey guys,

I've been seeing the specs of fibaro modules and I realized that I cannot connect them to high load equipments (such as dishwasher machine, heat bomb, oven...) because the load output is much higher than the 8A of Fibaro Switch....

Is there any module to control these equipments? If it can be place in a DIN rail, better!

Thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

Hi TMF,

Aeotec heavy duty smart switch gen5 should work. Is capable to support up to 40 A.

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • 13 minutes ago, MihaiC said:

Hi TMF,

Aeotec heavy duty smart switch gen5 should work. Is capable to support up to 40 A.

Thank you for answering so fast. In fact, it seems to be an alternative. Does anyone has this module configured in HC2?

However, I would prefer a DIN Rail solution for this kind of equipments. Anyone knows such a thing?

Thanks in advance.

@TMF

I have a several wall plugs and use them for my dishwasher, wasmachine, siemens built-in coffee machine. And working fine. But if you wil use a oven you need a Aeon Labs Heavy Duty Switch, what @MihaiC suggest. 

• Inquirer
  • Yes, the wall plugs take more load rather than switch modules, which is a solution for those equipments.

For hair dryer socket (usually works in toillet), do you have wall plug or switch module?

Actually, do you have the Aeon Labs Heavy Duty Switch, that @MihaiC suggested? If so, the Fibaro HC2 integration was easy?

Btw, there's on DIN rail controller capable of doing this? :(

Thanks a lot!

Edited by TMF

@TMF

I use for my Daikin hybrid heating a fibaro single switch, for the single and double switch are DIN rail modules. 

The single switch can have more load than the double switch. 

And for the hair dryer you can use a wall plug. 

And for DIN rail modules look in google DIN rail z-wave. Maybe you find what you looking. 

Edited by Reinhold
    • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TMF said:

Yes, the wall plugs take more load rather than switch modules, which is a solution for those equipments.

For hair dryer socket (usually works in toillet), do you have wall plug or switch module?

Actually, do you have the Aeon Labs Heavy Duty Switch, that @MihaiC suggested? If so, the Fibaro HC2 integration was easy?

Btw, there's on DIN rail controller capable of doing this? :(

Thanks a lot!

I have a few Aeon Labs Heavy Duty Switches.

Work fine for my oven, immersion heaters, tumble dryer, washing machines and coffee machine. You need a crimper to instal nicely as they come with crimp spades.

There is no template but they work fine. Just make sure you configure the energy reporting to sensible values or you may slow down your network.

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • 18 hours ago, robmac said:

Just make sure you configure the energy reporting to sensible values or you may slow down your network.

Thanks for answer!

Can you please explain what you are saying about configure energy reporting? Is that an option in HC2?