Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RS3 and venetian blinds: bad behaviour while hitting UP position

Calf

Question

I just installed RS3 on Elero motors (venetian blinds), my system says firmware is up to date.

However, when I go in fully up position, it goes fully up, waits for a second or so, then goes back down a bit. You can see the behavior in that video: 

Please login or register to see this link.

It is not just a cosmetic issue, but it can also damage the blinds as the cords that pull the blind up are then exactly at the height where the sliding door angle is, which destructs the cords.

So, I initially thought this was related to parameter 153 and that it was trying to put the slat in the same position as before, hence having to go down for 1s (the value programmed in 152). So I set 153 to 0 (which means it shouldn't try to put it back in that position, yet the behavior is still the same (you can see the configuration snapshots at the same URL above).

What can I do to prevent that from happening?

Thanks. Cheers,

(I raised this to Fibaro 2 weeks ago but have had no reply, hence my post here)

1 answer to this question

I observed the exact same behaviour, but had no problems to turn it off with parameter 153 as you described it.

According to the manual, it seems to be the intended default behaviour, but it makes no sense at all.

The only reasonable (but unavailable!) setting would be something like: "slats return to previously set position UNLESS a limit switch is reached." This way, the slats would close completely on the way down, and the blinds would open completely on the way up. In between, they would keep the slats angle at any stop.