Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

arm / disarm when leaving/coming home

gIIg

Question

Hello,

I am looking for a scene that can arm my devices when I'm leaving home and disarm when I'm coming home. Can somebody explain me how is the best way to do this? I mean, using the location on my phone, or bluetooth, or leaving the Wi-fi. Has anybody an configuration like this?
I'm new in this world and I'm tring to understand how it is working.

BTW I have HC2 and iPhone.

Thank you. :rolleyes:

14 answers to this question

I was also trying to get this working but thanks to @jimicr and @Vinisz I got it:-D. See also my topic I had created for this.

But because you are new to Fibaro also, just as I was I'm glad to help you. Hope the steps below are clear enough

Step 1:

Go to panels > variables panel. Create a predefined variable. Give the variable a name and add values like "home" and "away" or whatever you want to call it.

Step 2:

Go to the scenes section and create a LUA scene that changes the variable to "Home" add copy paste the code below. You need to change the NAMEVARIABLE and NAMEVALUE to the names you called them in step 1. This is capital sensitive, type it exactly as in the variable. Change the run scene at general to manual. and don't hide the scene.

Please login or register to see this code.

Step 3:

Create a LUA scene that changes the variable to "Away". Use the same LUA code as in step 2 only now use AWAY on the place of NAMEVALUE. This is capital sensitive, type it exactly as in the variable. Change the run scene at general to manual. and don't hide the scene.

Step 4:

Install the IFTTT app on your iPhone and log in or create a new account.

Step 5:

Click in the right lower corner on My Applets and on the + in the right upper corner.

Step 6:

Click on  +this and choose location. Click on You enter an area, locate your home and create trigger. At +that you choose Fibaro and then run scene. If you are not logged in already log in with your Fibaro ID. After that you have to click on run scene and search for the scene that changes the variable to Home.

Step 7:

Do the same as in step 6 but now you choose When you leave an area and choose the scene that changes the variable Away.

You can also add a VD that shows the status of the variable so you can easily check if the variable is correct (thanks to @jimicr). Create a VD and paste the code below in the main loop. Also add a label with labelname Status and ID: lblState  and mark the main box in the label. As you can see you need to change some things in the code to get it working with the variable you have created at step 1.

As you can see in the topic I created I have also created a VD with buttons to manually change the variable and that the icon changes with the value of the variable.

Good luck!!

Kevin

• Like 3

There are servial options tot do that

with phone checker on network

with gps

bluetooth

just a button

or when doors closed and no movement for 15 min then set alarmHouse "armed"

I'm also using and iPhone. Thanks to some great people on this forum I have a variable that changes to away or home depending on my location. I have a scene that changes this variable by using IFTTT. When I leave or enter my home location the scene is triggered and changes the variable.

Based on this variable you can arm and disarm the devices. 

It works really good with IFTTT and the response for changing the variable is also very quick. The gain of using IFTTT instead of the Fibaro GPS location is that IFTTT isn't draining my iPhone battery:-D. IFTTT only use a few percentage of the battery, you almost don't notice it.

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, kevin said:

I'm also using and iPhone. Thanks to some great people on this forum I have a variable that changes to away or home depending on my location. I have a scene that changes this variable by using IFTTT. When I leave or enter my home location the scene is triggered and changes the variable.

Based on this variable you can arm and disarm the devices. 

It works really good with IFTTT and the response for changing the variable is also very quick. The gain of using IFTTT instead of the Fibaro GPS location is that IFTTT isn't draining my iPhone battery:-D. IFTTT only use a few percentage of the battery, you almost don't notice it.

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you want to share your work here? It's sound great. Also I found  some topics when " our colleagues " are using raspberry pi to locate the phone.
     Thank you!

• Inquirer
  • Hello Kevin,

Thank you for all these steps. I think I made it works, I mean I didn't receive any error when I pressed Debug button.
    What I want you to ask is where I can find the log? How do I know when the User1 or User2 is home or not?

Thank you again! Also thanks to @jimicr and @Vinisz  :) .

For example I use names.

You have created a variable. That variable is for Patrick, you need to create a second variable with the values home and away for Anna.

You create a scene to change the variable for Patrick to home, and second scene to change the variable for Patrick to away. On Patricks iPhone in IFTTT you create the triggers with the scenes.

For Anna you have created a second variable with Home and Away values. Create also for her 2 scene that changes the value of the variable. On Anna’s iPhone in IFTTT you create the location trigger and connect the scenes that changes hey variable.

NAME OF PERSON 1 is Patrick

NAME OF PERSON 2 is Anna

• Inquirer
  • Hey Kevin,

Your solution is working very well for me.

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gIIg said:

Hey Kevin,

Your solution is working very well for me.

Thank you very much.

Great!!:-D 

It was nice to help you

I have a slightly more challenging situation at my summerhouse. Suggestions as to how to set this up when my family, my parents, and my sisters family and possibly some friends all are using the house at different times? It is not a viable option to install an app on all the different phones. WiFi could be one, but not sure if that is a solid solution. 

WiFi is not working good for the newer devices and iPhones because WiFi goes to sleep on these devices.

Working with a keypad? That everyone has there own numeric code and if code xxxx is used then ....

That is the only idea I'm getting now

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Thanks, it may be the only option - and yes i sort of do that today - but it is not very smart or 2019ish...

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2019 at 9:44 AM, kevin said:

I was also trying to get this working but thanks to @jimicr and @Vinisz I got it:-D. See also my topic I had created for this.

But because you are new to Fibaro also, just as I was I'm glad to help you. Hope the steps below are clear enough

Step 1:

Go to panels > variables panel. Create a predefined variable. Give the variable a name and add values like "home" and "away" or whatever you want to call it.

Step 2:

Go to the scenes section and create a LUA scene that changes the variable to "Home" add copy paste the code below. You need to change the NAMEVARIABLE and NAMEVALUE to the names you called them in step 1. This is capital sensitive, type it exactly as in the variable. Change the run scene at general to manual. and don't hide the scene.

Step 3:

Create a LUA scene that changes the variable to "Away". Use the same LUA code as in step 2 only now use AWAY on the place of NAMEVALUE. This is capital sensitive, type it exactly as in the variable. Change the run scene at general to manual. and don't hide the scene.

Step 4:

Install the IFTTT app on your iPhone and log in or create a new account.

Step 5:

Click in the right lower corner on My Applets and on the + in the right upper corner.

Step 6:

Click on  +this and choose location. Click on You enter an area, locate your home and create trigger. At +that you choose Fibaro and then run scene. If you are not logged in already log in with your Fibaro ID. After that you have to click on run scene and search for the scene that changes the variable to Home.

Step 7:

Do the same as in step 6 but now you choose When you leave an area and choose the scene that changes the variable Away.

You can also add a VD that shows the status of the variable so you can easily check if the variable is correct (thanks to @jimicr). Create a VD and paste the code below in the main loop. Also add a label with labelname Status and ID: lblState  and mark the main box in the label. As you can see you need to change some things in the code to get it working with the variable you have created at step 1.

As you can see in the topic I created I have also created a VD with buttons to manually change the variable and that the icon changes with the value of the variable.

Good luck!!

Kevin

Hi Kevin. 

Thanks for the help and advice on this thread. This is just what I'm looking for so I thought I would have an attempt to add this VD script. I am new to all of this so please be kind.

I have created the variables, scene and added an applet in IFTTT. So far so good. Ive now come to add a VD and Im getting an error message when debugging.  "...line4: '=' expected near 'person'.

I have attached a screenshot of how my script looks.

If you find any time, would you mind pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks

Please login or register to see this attachment.