Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Thermostat Valve Recommendations

Szadzik

Question

Hi All,

I have been using Danfoss's LC13 thermostat valves for a while, but have had 2 of them break already.

What brand do you recommend to replace the 2 with?

Do the new Netatmo ones work with HCL?

BR,

Szadzik

5 answers to this question

Hello @Szadzik ,

9 hours ago, Szadzik said:

Do the new Netatmo ones work with HCL?

No, they do not work with HC.

9 hours ago, Szadzik said:

What brand do you recommend to replace the 2 with?

I would recommend Fibaro ones. They work fine.

Regards,

Jakub

Hi, Szadzik @

I haven`t tryed a fibaro heat controller with the latest firmware 4.540.

But i`ve spent lots of time, with the previous firmwares and some beta firmwares. Just to update it to the latest firmware, was a nightmare. It always reported low batterie status, also it has been charged for days. I even had troubles to set in standby modus, in order to get it mounted on the vavle.

I prefere a display rather than always need to look up in the user manal, about the meaning of the color it showing for its current status.

You never know, if they are open or closed. I found no setting in the Homcenter Controller, to have a specific Fibaro Heat Controller open or closed.

Also you have to charge them two times in a year, each for several hours, as suggest by Fibaro, that's not, want to doo every year, when I have them all over the house.

I've switched to the Eurotronic Spirit Z-Wave. No issues so far. They are very easy to install and reliable to this time.

You can have a specific Eurotronic Heat Controller set to manual open max, or to off closed.

The price tag for the Eurotonic spirit z-wave is about half of a Fibaro.

Please login or register to see this link.

Best Regards

Fabir

Edited by Fabir

12 hours ago, Fabir said:

Hi, Szadzik @

I haven`t tryed a fibaro heat controller with the latest firmware 4.540.

But i`ve spent lots of time, with the previous firmwares and some beta firmwares. Just to update it to the latest firmware, was a nightmare. It always reported low batterie status, also it has been charged for days. I even had troubles to set in standby modus, in order to get it mounted on the vavle.

I prefere a display rather than always need to look up in the user manal, about the meaning of the color it showing for its current status.

You never know, if they are open or closed. I found no setting in the Homcenter Controller, to have a specific Fibaro Heat Controller open or closed.

Also you have to charge them two times in a year, each for several hours, as suggest by Fibaro, that's not, want to doo every year, when I have them all over the house.

I've switched to the Eurotronic Spirit Z-Wave. No issues so far. They are very easy to install and reliable to this time.

You can have a specific Eurotronic Heat Controller set to manual open max, or to off closed.

The price tag for the Eurotonic spirit z-wave is about half of a Fibaro.

Please login or register to see this link.

Best Regards

Fabir

I dont mean the 4.540 hc firmware. But the 4.5 version for the Heat controller. Regarding update issue - did you select the root device of the heat cobtroller when you tried to update? Many people don't know it, but you first need to select the master device, you'll see a thermostat instead of heat controller and after that you can update

Hi, pnutp0wer

Yes I knew that, there are serveral threads about this issue.  As I mentioned above, I finally got the heat controller updated.

Best Regards

Fabir