Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can't read Alarm Status (arm/disarm) Honeywell Galaxy Flex with UBS

Berry Linkers

Question

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. I am a newbie on electronics, but I want to learn more. I have read almost all posts on Alarm and UBS, but couldn't find my answer.

My situation:

I have a wired Honeywell Galaxy Flex 50 alarm system and I want to read the Arm/Disarm status to control my variable Home or Away.

Therefore I bought a Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (UBS) and connect P to 12V, GND to 0V and IN1 to OP3 on the alarm panel.

I have programmed OP3 as 09 (which corresponds with Full Arm and Disarm)

Measurements Fibaro UBS not connected:

0V - OP3:

- DISARMED = 0V

- ARMED = 287mV

Measurements Fibaro UBS connected:

0V - OP3:

- DISARMED = 2.86V

- ARMED = 1.85V

Fibaro UBS is connected to my HCL and 2 sensors are shown. I tried all 4 settings (NO/NC/Toggle/Pulse), but on ARM/DISARM to Door/Window stays Closed.

Can anyone help me finding the correct settings or do I possibly need to change my wiring?

Many thanks and best regards,

Berry Linkers

Edited by Berry Linkers
Wrong text

2 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • I found out that the question was a stupid question.

The Fibaro UBS manual clearly states that the inputs are potential-free inputs, which means I needed to add a 12V relay in between.

I powered the relay with 12V/GND as well and connected OP3 on the alarm panel to the IN of the relay.

COM of the relay connected to GND of the alarm panel and NC of the relay to IN1 of the Fibaro UBS.

Simply add the fibaro UBS to your configuration and off you go!

Many thanks for the overwhelming amount of reactions :)

Edited by Berry Linkers

On 4/11/2019 at 9:49 PM, Berry Linkers said:

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. I am a newbie on electronics, but I want to learn more. I have read almost all posts on Alarm and UBS, but couldn't find my answer.

My situation:

I have a wired Honeywell Galaxy Flex 50 alarm system and I want to read the Arm/Disarm status to control my variable Home or Away.

Therefore I bought a Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (UBS) and connect P to 12V, GND to 0V and IN1 to OP3 on the alarm panel.

I have programmed OP3 as 09 (which corresponds with Full Arm and Disarm)

Measurements Fibaro UBS not connected:

0V - OP3:

- DISARMED = 0V

- ARMED = 287mV

Measurements Fibaro UBS connected:

0V - OP3:

- DISARMED = 2.86V

- ARMED = 1.85V

Fibaro UBS is connected to my HCL and 2 sensors are shown. I tried all 4 settings (NO/NC/Toggle/Pulse), but on ARM/DISARM to Door/Window stays Closed.

Can anyone help me finding the correct settings or do I possibly need to change my wiring?

Many thanks and best regards,

Berry Linkers

Connect it to the bell box and you can tell when the alarm sound is on or off