Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Popp Flow Stop, works fine sharing experience.

Alex Rob

Question

Hello,

just wanted to give a little feedback about the popp flow stopp.

This device works actually fine, i bought this one on placed on my main water supply handle, easy to mount.

Including to the HC2 is also no problem. There are no advance setting on this device.

I tested it now for few months and connected this device with fibaro flood sensor and drip strips.

Reacts good to water leckage and close the valve at once.

Power lead is coming with a small extension wire if yout socket is a little bit away.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_04/image.png.58e18bd134cf5567ab4bf897e9a2e22f.png" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Alex Rob
  • Like 1

3 answers to this question

Adding to this, I also  installed a POPP Flow Stop today. I had to exclude the unit once before succeeding with the include, but the rest worked reasonably well. A few issues and comments:

- The master unit should be hidden. This needs to be done manually, as there is no template for this unit.

- The device appears as "not configured", although I performed a "soft reconfigure" which completed successfully. It seems that the unit works as intended, in spite of this.

- In the manual (see www.popp.eu/009501en) reference is made to a parameter 1, which can be used to limit remote operation. There is no description, however, about how this and possibly other parameters should be used.

- I would have liked to have any change in the status of the valve to be reported by SMS. How can this be achieved, I wonder?

- The icon is a simple on/off switch. I would have liked to find a valve close/open icon which is more descriptive. I found none on Fibaro Forum downloads. 

I final note: My use of this unit is to close off water supply when we leave our summer house. Since the last thing we do, normally, is to put on the dishwasher, the water needs to stay on for a few hours after we leave. I have written a small "good-bye" script to turn off all lights and, 3 hours later, to close the water valve. First test later today!

• Inquirer
  • As I know I guess I can do your own icons on Fibaro , did not tried yet. 

This device got only two parameters one for show status led if it close should it light ? Or not this is parameter 0

parameter 1 is only how the flow Stopp should operate. If it should close and u need to operate manually or full automatic.

i did not see limit on operation. 

Fibaro do not send sms but u can get notifications by push or e mail if this is opening or closing. 

Works fine for me. Already simulated water leakage and it closed water supply . 

Yes, @Alex Rob I know I can install my own icons. I just have not found a suitable icon for a valve yet. Did anyone else find something useful?

You are right about push notifications. I have now familiarized myself with these, and successfully implemented push notification in several of my scripts, including the one for Popp Flow-stop. The syntax is simple, basically 

fibaro:call(iosDeviceID, "sendPush", message);

Works just fine.