Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

save space

eserem

Question

Hi

I need to find a solution to my problem, the kitchen devices need too much space on my few din bars.

I drew a draft of what I need, could anyone please tell me how to thin out? I visited haseman, they have good products that also save space, but their outputs reach a maximum of 10amps.

I would also be willing to install virtual devices with outputs up to 32amp, but I don't know program in lua.

For the lights I think I buy haseman dd-4, it doesn't make me crazy because I can't use 3-way retractile switches, but it's ok I can recover another space.

infinitely thanks to those who help me

There is little to finish the renovation and I desperately need to start connecting the electrical panels.

P.S. i have home center 2 for gateway and sorry for my bad english :S

Please login or register to see this attachment.

7 answers to this question

As I understand you're trying to switch/control your kitchen appliance using fibaro switches to control LYN AC relays (contactor), right?

I do control all my kitchen appliance (including water boiler) using Fibaro and Aeon wall plug switches and it works perfectly.

May I suggest to use same approach / solution for your case as well.

This solution do not require din relays or any special wiring, just connect the wall plug to wall socket and you done!

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Edited by cag014

• Inquirer
  • I thank you for the suggestion, but my home center 2 is far from the kitchen and with Fibaro sockets I can't manage more than 13A

Lyn ac, it’s just a pic. I think use Schneider series arc9

Edited by eserem

I don't think you need more than 13A (at least not for fridge, dishwasher, kitchen socket), but in special cases you can use heavy duty Aeon Lab switches (up to 40A)

Regarding the distance, I manage to control water boiler witch is in attic (3 floors above hc2) and drying/washing machines on second floor!!

In addition if you have additional Zwave devices on the way, it could use mesh routing... but it totally depends on your decision. I just share my configuration.

Check the accurate load of your appliances , I = P/U, for example my dishwasher  2300(W)/230(V) , I=10 amps. As far as i can see, only your ovn needs rele control?.

Why are you controlling your appliances over z-wave switch? Do you need to turn them all off?

I placed two controllers in my fusebox and had problems with signals, metal fusebox and induction issues from surrounding cables.

I would recommend the same as cag014@, use wall plugs and add z-wave dimmers to complement the installation. You will be able to get power consumption readings with these devices also.

Use z-wave rele behind the socket if there is no space..

• Inquirer
  • I understand what you say and I thank you for the advice.

Here in Uk every load in the kitchen must have its own dedicated line with a fuse spear.  If I use Fibaro plug (assuming it supports the load) I can't manage the fuse spear.

Then if there’s some breakdown on line and I’m not in house, I can only switch off or the appliance but I can’t remove the current with fuse spear.

With the system that i have drawn I can do.

Also if leave the my children to house i can stand peaceful that not happen nothing, because I remove current also grappling not only to appliances, Or if nobody is to house for some day i can deactivate all the lines in kitchen.

Hei, ok . Not familiar with the term fuse spear ?Do you mean that every circuit must have a 2 pol role to turn on and off the circuit ?

Dont all circuits in home installation have separate RCBO? I worked in Ireland and we wired circuits direct to RCBO. 

Any faults on line will trip RCBO and protect devices/appliances.

Otherwise a "healthy" circuit does not need to be disconnected, especially fridges.

Perhaps i misunderstood ? Have another look at your diagram and perhaps consult with an electrician..

• Inquirer
  •  

32 minutes ago, MARCUSP.I.L said:

Hei, ok . Not familiar with the term fuse spear ?Do you mean that every circuit must have a 2 pol role to turn on and off the circuit ?

Dont all circuits in home installation have separate RCBO? I worked in Ireland and we wired circuits direct to RCBO. 

Any faults on line will trip RCBO and protect devices/appliances.

Otherwise a "healthy" circuit does not need to be disconnected, especially fridges.

Perhaps i misunderstood ? Have another look at your diagram and perhaps consult with an electrician..

hehe i am an electrician and yes every circuit is on rcbo.  the problem is only to control everything remotely, I don't want to leave anything to chance.