Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Ikea Trådfri gateway support

kent78

Question

Does anyone know if there are plans for native Fibaro support for the Ikea Trådfri gateway? In the same manner as for Philips Hue?

9 answers to this question

Good morning!

I'd like to know if this is possible as well, I don't use their bulbs but am interested in the smart blinds that were delayed at the beginning of the year.

But I don't mind using a PI.

Jim

Hi @kent78 ,

Might do it, but I have to spend money to purchase at least a gateway and few bulbs that I will not need after making integration to HC2, so it is for now on waiting list.

There is a solution with Raspberry on Fibaro marketplace: 

Please login or register to see this link.

but I suppose that you know that already just don't want to go through complicated setup?

BTW what do you mean by native support? If you refer to Fibaro plugins then even Philips HUE is not 100% supported since HUE plugin is not upgraded for years and does not support white ambiance bulbs.

On 5/18/2019 at 11:24 AM, jimicr said:

Good morning!

I'd like to know if this is possible as well, I don't use their bulbs but am interested in the smart blinds that were delayed at the beginning of the year.

But I don't mind using a PI.

Jim

i have setup my ikea plug's into my hue bridge now and can control them within the hue app. Means i can also control in my HC2 :D

did follow this guide on howto setup them with hue: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Remember that tradfri devices must have the latest fw, ie 2.0.022.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by jompa68

@Sankotronic would be great if you could consider taking up the challenge :) 

The hue controller does not support Ikea blinds (and probably never will), and i just upgraded all my blinds to ikea. Would be nice if I could control the blinds from HC2 based on luxlevel and timeofday (and timers). Maybe if we are enough with this wish we could each donate a bit so you could acquire the ikea blind and controller for testing?

I assume (i am not a programmer and no intent of belittling your work) some of the programming of the SA hue app could be reused. 

anyways.. keep up the good work.

Hi @drchip ,

I'm always opened for adding more device integrations with HC2. Of course biggest problem is that I need to have those devices in hand to be able to do it properly and that device manufacturer provide open or public API. It seems that Ikea for now does not provide public API. There are some solutions out there with Raspberry PI, but I like to avoid any solutions that would require users to learn how to setup linux and extra devices.

57 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @drchip ,

I'm always opened for adding more device integrations with HC2. Of course biggest problem is that I need to have those devices in hand to be able to do it properly and that device manufacturer provide open or public API. It seems that Ikea for now does not provide public API. There are some solutions out there with Raspberry PI, but I like to avoid any solutions that would require users to learn how to setup linux and extra devices.

If just the Homecenter could speak Homekit. Ikea Trådfri does in the latest update. And Fibaro do make Homekit devices - so why not? Would be so nice!

7 hours ago, Thomasn said:

If just the Homecenter could speak Homekit. Ikea Trådfri does in the latest update. And Fibaro do make Homekit devices - so why not? Would be so nice!

Hi @Thomasn ,

I'm Apple fun to the certain level and I have all Apple except Homekit. I don't use Homekit because of its current restrictions, at least in my country. Also Homekit at the moment can not reach HA complexity like Home Center 2 can. I try to find Apple HomeKit app on Google play for Android, but didn't find it  which again confirm that Apple is closed system. It is true that number of devices that support HomeKit is raising and I have many of them, but this is just not enough for me. On the other hand users that are happy with talking to Siri, Alexa and/or Google Home or being able to use their phone to control devices in their home it might be satisfying choice.

Just to add, I believe that smart speakers such as Google Home, Amazon Echo, Apple HomePod and similar are big security problem if are enabled to control home automation and they should be solely used to get all kind of information, but not able to open or close my garage door or arm/disarm alarm system etc.

My goal with UHAS is to bring advanced HA to users that is easy to setup and use. Automation that learns and does things without needing user extra action like talk to some speaker or use mobile devices. Easy setup means that users don't need to know anything about LUA coding or setting up additional servers with linux like Raspberry PI.

1 hour ago, Sankotronic said:

Hi @Thomasn ,

I'm Apple fun to the certain level and I have all Apple except Homekit. I don't use Homekit because of its current restrictions, at least in my country. Also Homekit at the moment can not reach HA complexity like Home Center 2 can. I try to find Apple HomeKit app on Google play for Android, but didn't find it  which again confirm that Apple is closed system. It is true that number of devices that support HomeKit is raising and I have many of them, but this is just not enough for me. On the other hand users that are happy with talking to Siri, Alexa and/or Google Home or being able to use their phone to control devices in their home it might be satisfying choice.

Just to add, I believe that smart speakers such as Google Home, Amazon Echo, Apple HomePod and similar are big security problem if are enabled to control home automation and they should be solely used to get all kind of information, but not able to open or close my garage door or arm/disarm alarm system etc.

My goal with UHAS is to bring advanced HA to users that is easy to setup and use. Automation that learns and does things without needing user extra action like talk to some speaker or use mobile devices. Easy setup means that users don't need to know anything about LUA coding or setting up additional servers with linux like Raspberry PI.

I fully recognize that point of view. I too use the Homecenter for more advanced programming. However, for non-geeks, Apple (and other companies like Google) do have something that is easy programmable for simple programs. I just want Fibaro to include Homekit in the Homecenter so I can control Homekit devices just as easy as Fibaro devices.

Right now, I use a HA-bridge to communicate with Apple Homekit. It works fine but I cannot communicate from the Homecenter to Apple Homekit - only the other way round. 

Hello @Sankotronic,

Alexa can arm my house with a single command.

Disarm is not set because of ......

//Sjakie