Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Please Help - HC2 v4.540 won't change device parameters on 3rd party - only reads or resets them to Default values.

Evgin

Question

Hi Everyone!

I'm new here, need some help !!!

Recently I've switched from HCL to HC2 and decided start everything from scratch. Instead of migrating I've manually added all devices. It went almost ok. For some reason 2 x old AEON inwall switches don't work. I can see them in the system but they won't respond. It's a bummer but I can kind of accept that. They are old... (although If I connect them to zwave stick or Vera3 - they still work no problem - just not with HC Lite or 2).

However my main problem now: I can't change parameters on half of my 3rd party devices such as AEON micro double or single switches.

I can manually add parameters but it appears command doesn't get send.  For example I need to enable "Report" which is "80" 1D set to "1" - I save it but nothing happens. Like I did nothing at all.

Node is responding well as I can Poll it no problem or can send "Read Only" command on the same parameters or reset to "Default value".

I am 100% sure it worked before as I have done it multiple times on older firmware. Basically now I have to poll 36 devices which is crazy slow while before devices would report if status has been changed. Plus half of the switches now went from "push button" settings to "2 state" and I can't change it via settings.

Please help!!! Perhaps there is a way around such as LUA scripts via Virtual button? I need to change at least 2 parameters urgently on AEON micro double switches: 80 set to 1, 120 set to 0

I have zero experience in LUA, but any help will be much appreciated!   

THANK YOU!!!

7 answers to this question

Wich version is your HC2? U need to go to newest beta version. There was a bug with one update.

• Thanks 1

>HC2 v4.540 won't change device parameters on 3rd party - only reads or resets them to Default values.

known bug.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you, that makes sense now. Do you guys know if available beta 4.543 fixes it? Just checking as I'm not a big fan of betas. Not once betas ruined my almost properly working systems including one HCL which got stuck a few years ago during update and doesn't even boot up to recovery mode no matter I tried. 

Edited by Evgin

Hi @Evgin

This issue has been solved with Beta 4.542 look

Please login or register to see this link.

. It's number 3 under resolved issues.  It took Fibaro about 3 Months to do that.

In my case, parameters of non Fibaro Z-Wave devices, can be changed with Beta 4.543 also.

Make sure you have a backup, in case you need to go back.

• Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, Fabir said:

Hi @Evgin

This issue has been solved with Beta 4.542 look

Please login or register to see this link.

. It's number 3 under resolved issues.  It took Fibaro about 3 Months to do that.

In my case, parameters of non Fibaro Z-Wave devices, can be changed with Beta 4.543 also.

Make sure you have a backup, in case you need to go back.

wow! -  3 months. Thank you, much appreciated. I'll try to do it now and report.

Thanks again!

• Inquirer
  • Thank you Everyone! Issue resolved - can change parameteres on Beta 4.543

Next time before u update do a good backup and just use the older version there we are aware of full function of the system. I do not trust every update any longer since i waste a lot of my time by 4.540 i thought the parameter issue was on qubino and not fibaro.....