Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Walli switch - possible to disable local outputs?

Stripe68

Question

Hi,

There doesn't seem to be a forum for the Walli products yet so I'll try posting here.

I'm playing with the Walli switch and so far I like it a lot. But there's one thing I can't get working: I want the buttons to send scenes only, they should not change the state of the local outputs. Is this not possible?

I expected that changing config register 40/41 to anything other than zero would do this, but it doesn't. Operating the buttons sends the correct scenes but it also changes the outputs. In  my setup I have some locations where I want the switch to only send scenes and the controller should be the only device able to change the outputs.

Is this possible to do? It would give me full flexibility in how I use the switch. It would also enable setups where your have two switches A and B, and you want button A to control light B and button B to control light A.

Maybe an undocumented value in config register 20 to disable the local outputs?

Also, in some YouTube videos showing the Walli product line the Fibaro sales people say that you can set the colour of the indicator LED to any RGB value, but from the documentation it seems that it only supports 7 colours. Not a big thing for me since 7 colours is enough when using it as a general status indicator, but it would be nice to be able to select any RGB colour. For instance, if you use the dim scene to change the colour of a light it could be nice if the LED on the switch was set to the same colour.

/Mats

1 answer to this question

• Inquirer
  • Problem solved. Apparently I'm supposed to use the Protection Command Class to control this. It now works the way I wanted.

/Mats