Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Hello from Manchester

Evening everyone,

Nice to join the Fibaro bandwagon and get involved in home automation, really looking forward to it!

Cheers,

John

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @iceagescrat

welcome to the forum! 

Fellow manchester guy here. Just wondering where you have been purchasing your devices from? I really wish I could find a place in Manchester stocking z-wave! 

What sort of setup are you running at the moment? 

Any projects on the go? 

Cheers

kriss

• Topic Author
  • Hey Kriss,

I actually bought my HC2 from Amazon for £366 brand new, think I got lucky ? And so far, I've purchased the modules I have from Amazon as it's just for testing ready for the new extension/project.

So far I have the HC2, dimmer + bypass module, 3 x RGBW, motion sensor, a double switch module and loads of Philips Hue bulbs. I have everything setup except the double switch for the moment and I'm really happy with how it's all coming together, it's allowing me to play around and plan way in advance of the build starting to I know what I want from the electrician.

Once the project gets underway, I'll require a lot of additional modules, probably 10 x RGBW, several switch modules, sensors etc, so quite some investment however I reckon it'll be worth it ?

Cheers,

John

My go to web store is Vesternet (mostly) and uk-automation. I have nothing to do with either company I just thought I’d share my experience

Edited by ianakapilotlight