Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Greetings from Holland

Bouke

Hello,

My name is Bouke, and just made my first post on the forum ?

Lets give a small introduction.

I have a HC2 for a few years already with various motion sensors, door sensors, light switches, blinds and smart plugs connected to it. 

In the past few weeks I got interested in voicecontrolling my setup.

I managed to voicecontrol my Sonos Play 5 and Connect Amp using the Google Home app, Google Assistant  with 2 chromecast audio, and also use voice to turn on my relative dumb tv and cast Netflix and other streaming media, using a chromcase ultra in combination with Kuro Link. A few Philips Hue lights and a bridge are on the way.

Since most of my sensors are connected to my HC2, I really wanted to connect the HC2 to the Google Home app, but this has proven to be far more difficult then I had anticipated.

Hopefully I will find the solution with the help of you guys ?

Welkom ?

About your question to connect Fibaro to Google Home I followed this site: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Don't skip parts of the page just read it all.

After connecting Fibaro to Google Home it's important to say; Hey Google, sync apparaten.

But not everything you have in your HC is supported on Google Home like roller shutters and more?. You can control the unsupported devices by creating a scene that controls the device. But you can only use block scenes, LUA scenes are also not supported.

After all of this is sold my Google Nest Hub because I hoped I can control more 

Edited by kevin
  • Topic Author
  • I managed to get the HC2 connected to IFTTT by now, and noticed the absence of curtain/shutter/blinds control but noticed the sun set en sun rise scenes for my curtains where present. 

I managed to create some scenes now in IFTTT by using Google assistant and fibaro scenes. The downside of this approach is that I have to make a scenes to be able to open and close something, or turn it on and off. And also dimmers are out of the question. I might create a 50% open scene for my curtains for the sunny days though ?

I will look into the website you mentioned to see if there is anything I missed, probably not before the weekend due do a busy work schedule ?