Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dallas DS18B20 external Temp Sensor doesn't work

HKrook

Question

Dear All,

I have bought a Fibaro Smart Implant with the idea to attach 1 or 2 DS18B20 temp sensors in order to measure the outside temp and use them for a scene with my screens.

I have included the smart implant and I see 4 four icon's; 1 generiek smart implant, 2 switches and one temp icon which shows 31.70 degrees.

I connect a DS18B20 external temp sensor to the brown wire 3.3v, blue wire to the gnd and the white to de date line.

Of course power (12V) to the red and blue wire of the implant.

Powerup the device but nothing happens with the temp. No change at all!!!! Temp stays at 31.10 degrees!

I have placed the sensor in a cup with cold water but still nothing is happening.

I see a lot of unassigned item when I go in the generic setup under slave but also the 2 switches and temp assignment. 

Big question; What am I doing wrong???? 

Where do I make a mistake?

How do I get this to work.

Can somebody help!?

I’ve the same problem. Did connect 2 external temperature sensors to the fibaro smart implant. Had first to exclude from Homey and then reconnect again so the Fibaro will recognise the new sensors.
For about 2 hours Homey reports the correct temperatures.
After that reporting freezes and the last reported temperatures are not changing any more.
The Fibaro INT1 and INT2 are still working correctly and are reporting the correct state.

so, i think it’s a Fibaro bug.

You might have the same problem as @ljsvv ... fake sensors

More detail from @petergebruers here

I'm having similar issues...I'm yet to open up my probes to check the chip labelling inside

So, I'm still struggling to get the temperature sensor to work as well. I tried another (single) sensor from a reputable source, that has DS18B20 written on it, and includes the resistor.

I don't get the extra temperature device slaves appearing, even after trying many device exclusions and re-inclusions.

It's wired in correctly to the Smart Implant and the lead is short (30cm). 

Does someone have any other ideas based on their experience? Or how to troubleshoot further?

8 hours ago, Tim__ said:

Or how to troubleshoot further?

Did you try a factory reset of the smart implant itself?

Do you have another smart implant to try you're new sensor??

Thanks @Flash, I needed your nudge!  I swapped out the Smart Implant and the new sensor worked immediately. Put that same sensor back on the original Smart Implant and no joy, so did a device deletion and re-added it: the temperature appeared straight away. I think the trick was to move the smart implant close to the home centre and do the delete/add, as swapping probes changes the sensor serial number identifier.

I opened my old probe and discovered a CXGAS clone sensor.  I also noticed that the clone sensor caused an error message when attemping to add the device: "System hardware failure. Read the manual."  This is a clue for others that they have a clone.

Now I just have to wait for my new probes to arrive so I can finish my project.  Then I will post a tutorial as it seems a lot of others have this problem too.

• Thanks 2