Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

TV Samsung LED Q9 Series

JulianAlzate

Question

.Hello,

does anyone know if it is possible to configure a TV Samsung LED Q9 Series with Fibaro? I already downloaded and installed the plugin Samsung TV but I can not find the TV in the network. I did try adding the IP manually but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Thank you

J.

9 answers to this question

18 hours ago, JulianAlzate said:

.Hello,

does anyone know if it is possible to configure a TV Samsung LED Q9 Series with Fibaro? I already downloaded and installed the plugin Samsung TV but I can not find the TV in the network. I did try adding the IP manually but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Thank you

J.

It only works with older Samsung TVs (pre 2012). After Samsung updated their software the plugin became obsolete.

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:41 PM, Thomasn said:

It only works with older Samsung TVs (pre 2012). After Samsung updated their software the plugin became obsolete.

Too bad; it looks like the solution is from Fibaro's side  :S. The TV of course offers the possibility to connect remotely.  

I did use it for old Samsung but not working for new QLED, so many 3rd party not working maybe it is time to check some other Home Center controller.

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Agree; it’s ridiculous that it works only for TVs pre 2012... does it mean it that we’re are supposed to use plugins not updated for 7 YEARS?

5 hours ago, JulianAlzate said:

Agree; it’s ridiculous that it works only for TVs pre 2012... does it mean it that we’re are supposed to use plugins not updated for 7 YEARS?

In this case we cannot blame Fibaro. Because of security Samsung changed the software in its tv's in order to avoid being exploited by outsiders. Now only Samsungs own products can connect to the tv (except from ir-remote controllers). If Fibaro should gain access to the tv's software, it can only be done 1) By negotiating a deal with Samsung or 2) crack the Samsung software. However

1) Samsung has their own system for home automation and is, possibly, not interested in such a deal.

2) A company as Fibaro cannot just crack other firms software. So this will not happen. Perhaps someone else will do it? But it will not be a part of the Fibaro ecosystem.

Edited by Thomasn

• Inquirer
  • On 9/21/2019 at 2:22 PM, Thomasn said:

In this case we cannot blame Fibaro. Because of security Samsung changed the software in its tv's in order to avoid being exploited by outsiders. Now only Samsungs own products can connect to the tv (except from ir-remote controllers). If Fibaro should gain access to the tv's software, it can only be done 1) By negotiating a deal with Samsung or 2) crack the Samsung software. However

1) Samsung has their own system for home automation and is, possibly, not interested in such a deal.

2) A company as Fibaro cannot just crack other firms software. So this will not happen. Perhaps someone else will do it? But it will not be a part of the Fibaro ecosystem.

Thanks a lot

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

for the answer, I think you have very valid points :) the thing is that nowadays you expect a lot more from a company that advertises home automation and integration and of course lists lots of other companies. I guess I can not blame Fibaro for my mistakes; just now I noticed that in the list of compatible devises is Samsung TV with the caveat  "(!) Please note, this plugin supports only devices up to 2014. Newer one may not work properly". but I ask myserlf: isn't ridiculous that your "modern" technology works only with devises that are more than 6 year old?

Thanks again.