Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to configure Danfoss TWA-A NO normal opened radiator controller connected via FIBARO Relay Switch to Heating or Climate panel?

SuffiX

Question

Hello, community members!

I have Danfoss TWA-A NO (normal opened radiator controllers) in my flat, controlled by FIBARO Relay Switches.
To control temperature properly switches should work in opposite way to floor heating thermostats, more like air conditioners - when switch is disabled, then heat water flows and room temperature rise, otherwise it is closed and temperature become lower.

As for now (already three years after my first mail to FIBARO support) it is not possible to add this kind of switches into Heating panel, because Connected Devices panel does not allow to use inverted switch logic together with temperature sensor for heating purposes. Too pity, but there is no any configuration flag to tell system that switch should work in opposite way.

So, I have created Connected Devices for Climate panel instead of Heating one and configured Climate Panel zones and schedule to control my radiators. Radiators are now controlled by Climate Panel separate from floor heater which are controlled by Heating panel.

Climate panel controls my radiators very well now, but the problem is that there is not possible to override Climate temperature or enable Holiday mode from mobile phone application the same way as for Heating devices (by changing target temperature on sensor).

When I am changing target temperature using phone app for air temperature sensors, which was configured in Climate Connected Devices to be a main sensors for my radiator switches it overrides zone temperature in Heating panel instead of Climate panel.

Dear community members:
Is it possible to control Climate zones temperature from mobile app somehow the same way as Heating target temperature?

Is it may be possible to configure reverse switch behavior for Heating Connected Device and i just did not see it?

How do you propose to configure my setup of Danfoss TWA-A NO controlled by FIBARO Relay Switches to be able to control radiators by zones and time slots the same way as it works now for floor thermostats?

FIBARO team, if you hear me:

1) Please, add this damn "reverse mode" flag in Heating Connected Devices to be able to create pair of temperature sensor and relay switch which will work the same way as Climate Connected Devices (turn on switch when it is required to cool down and turn off when it is required to heat), but to be able to work with this virtual connected device using Heating panel zones, not a Climate one. This is a two hours task for any junior developer in your team - just add this flag to configuration UI and revers IF statement condition when analyzing temperature when it is enabled. Please!!!!

2) Please fix the following bug with target temperature control on Android application - when user change target temperature for some sensor which is linked with relay switch in Climate Connected Devices, it should temporary override Climate zone temperature, not the heating one. Now any temperature sensor value change influence only Heating zone, but it is not correct. 

3) Please, add normal UI implementation for Climate Panel in HC2 web UI which should looks like the same comfortable way as Heating panel. Now Climate Panel looks like Heating panel from very old firmware version. It always propose to create new zone even if they are created. It does not allow to control schedule in the same good look as Heating panel now.

Thanks.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by SuffiX

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet