Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Remootio Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled smart remote controller for gates and garage doors

Guest sebco

Question

Guest sebco

I am not sure how popular it is, or how it will become, but looking into its price range it looks like a pretty decent Garage door opener. I have one and I am pretty pleased with it.

Please login or register to see this link.

Now, my question is, can anyone with the right skills, can make it work with HC2?

It has an API:

Please login or register to see this link.

Cheers

2 answers to this question

Fibaro HC2, fw4.5xx does not support websockets from scene or virtual device level, however there are 3 possible ways to get it working:

- use BleBox instead, they use simple http calls, API is very easy to understand/use
- write Fibaro Plugin, which does support websockets, the best would be for the whole product familiy from remootio and when you done ask Fibaro to certify / include it in next firmware verison. This way will probably not work, as Fibaro stopped to include 3rd part created plugins, so youd have to ask remoteio to ask Fibaro :)

- use something else as gateway between websockets and HC2, e.g. raspi