Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problems with thermostats Danfoss / Devolo

Berges01

Question

Hi there

I'm changing from "homee" to HC3.
After some communication problems on my part, I am now almost up and running, although not as I would like it to be.
So there is still a lot to learn.
But I have problems with "Danfoss Living Connect Z" and Devolo thermostats that can be taught in and then go into a separate (red) or (yello) state after a while.
Reset to factory settings, recalibration does nothing.
Some of the devices seem to be running.
Does anyone have a hint ?

SORRY for Google English

3 minutes ago, Berges01 said:

Hi there

I'm changing from "homee" to HC3.
After some communication problems on my part, I am now almost up and running, although not as I would like it to be.
So there is still a lot to learn.
But I have problems with "Danfoss Living Connect Z" and Devolo thermostats that can be taught in and then go into a separate (red) or (yello) state after a while.
Reset to factory settings, recalibration does nothing.
Some of the devices seem to be running.
Does anyone have a hint ?

SORRY for Google English

example

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_02/image.png.c6ae3eb765b5a79fbde4662b8dcd0483.png" />

5 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Hi there

First I exploded the thermostats from the "homee".
    As a precaution, a hard reset to the factory settings was carried out.
    Then included directly next to the HC3 as well as at the place of use.
    Different approaches tried.
    Again and again everything seems to be OK, then after a time that cannot be specified, red or yellow symbol.
    This is strange because some devices work and everything seems OK.
    If the devices would not work every now and then one could say defective, but on the "homee" all devices work perfectly.
    The years of construction and versions of the devices also seem to be no problem. I'm now guessing a range problem. I suspect that the parallel operation of "homee" and "HC3" could be the problem. Because I can not change all 80 devices and the functions at once and therefore both systems run parralel for a while.
    This could be a problem when building the mash if the protocol is not multi-master capable. I don't know the z-wave so well to be able to judge that.

Greetings from Germany / Sauerland

I asked because I had problem including new out of the box Danfoss thermostat on HC2. Then I did a reset and it worked fine after that, in spite of the fact it was brand new and didn't need reset. Looks like you are having some other issue. HC3 is new and still full of bugs judging by this forum. So you will probably just have to wait  some time.

• Inquirer
  • I have had a home automation system for a while (approx. 2 1/2 years) and have had a lot of problems with devices and gateways that had software problems.
    I'm already quite used to the relationship.
    Actually, the Danfoss / Devolo etc. controllers of this type are very reliable.
    Mostly it is due to the campaign availability to the gateway.
    In the past I always had problems with the z-wave range and with an insufficient mash.
    I am hoping for some of the new HC3 and its possibilities.
    So far he is inferior to the "homee".
    But I still have to learn a lot about the HC3 and so the tide can turn quickly.

I try to translate it into Russian then we saved a translation!

Некоторое время у меня была система домашней автоматизации (около 2 1/2 лет), и у меня было много проблем с устройствами и шлюзами, в которых были проблемы с программным обеспечением.
    Я уже достаточно привык к отношениям.
    На самом деле, контроллеры Danfoss / Devolo и др. Этого типа очень надежны.
    В основном это связано с доступностью кампании к шлюзу.
    В прошлом у меня всегда были проблемы с диапазоном z-волн и с недостаточным затором.
    Я надеюсь на некоторые из новых HC3 и его возможности.
    Пока он уступает "гоме".
    Но мне все еще нужно многое узнать о HC3, и поэтому ситуация может быстро измениться.

Я пытаюсь перевести его на русский, тогда мы сохранили перевод!

Yes, there are a lot of incompatibilities in Z-wave unfortunately. But I think what you are experiencing is just a bug in a new product. Because on HC2 it works just fine.

P.S. English is fine for me :)