Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Amazon Echo and Fibaro Network Gateways.

On my local cat6 network I have a HC2 as well as an HCL, approximately 50 meters apart from each other, hence the two devices are required to cover the area needed.

The HC2 is my Master and shares the same login details as my HCL.
The HCL has been added as a gateway to my HC2, both locations work as expected from HC2, (all imported correctly) no problems there.
Using the Fibaro App, all works 100%.

I then added an Amazon Echo device and enabled the Fibaro Skills, all good, all devices from both home centre's are shown in the Amazon App.

When Echo is asked to turn a light on that is connected to the HC2 Z-Wave network, it works and I get the reply “OK”.
When Echo is asked to turn a light on that is connected to the HCL Z-Wave network, it works, but I get the reply from Echo “I couldn't find a device or group named "XXXX" in "Adrian’s" Profile".
The problem here is that you are never quite sure enough whether the device has turned on or off or not.

Does anyone have any ideas, I have been on to Fibaro support since early January without any working solutions.

Thanks in advance

Adrian